Deleting unread PMs

PDA

boing
March 29, 2003, 11:32 AM
I've sent a private message that hasn't been read by the recipient yet. It says I can delete unread messages if I wish.

If I delete an unread message, does that mean the recipient will be unable to read it at a later time, or does the delete just remove the message from my Message Tracking system and leave the message in the recipient's inbox (or whatever)?

If you enjoyed reading about "Deleting unread PMs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pax
March 29, 2003, 02:00 PM
If you click 'delete message,' the recipient will be unable to read the message you sent. However, they are still able to see that you sent a message since the pointers will stay in place. They just won't be able to read what it said.

Hmmmmm, urk. That's no longer quite true.

I just remembered that Tyme did a very useful hack which makes the software email not just a "you've got a message," but the contents of the message. If your recipient has the control panel set to send an email whenever they get a PM, the message is already sitting in their in box and there's nothing you can do to undo that.

pax

The Internet is run by a guy named Heisenberg, and his principles are uncertain. -- Kevin G. Barkes

boing
March 29, 2003, 09:49 PM
OK, thanks. I was just curious. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Deleting unread PMs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!