looking for gun related wall signs

PDA

Carbon_15
October 7, 2005, 09:58 PM
I'm decorating the walls of my gun room and need a few more signs. I already have one of the Glock round metal signs. I would like a beretta or Browning sign of some sort. I know they are out there for store use and advertising, but I can't find any on the net. Anyone know where I can find any gun related advertising or (metal) wall signs? Beretta, Browning, or Walther prefered, but any brand will do.
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for gun related wall signs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
greg700
October 7, 2005, 10:11 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/

Type "Sign" in the search feature and you get lots of results.

There you go

Enjoy,
Greg

MatthewVanitas
October 7, 2005, 10:20 PM
Just a couple weeks back, I bought a metal/enamel Marlin sign at Half Price Books (of all places) for $14.

As of this moment, they have the exact same metal sign on Ebay for $8 +$7 shipping. It's a very cool sign from 1900, based on the Frederic Remington painting "Danger Ahead."

I checked Marlin's website, and they carry a print of the painting, but not a metal sign of the advertisement. But they do carry a $10 Second Amendment metal sign with Marlin logo.

If you run across any good sources for metal gun signs in general, please post them here for the rest of us. I could use some decorations for my study, but first I have to get a "Be a Man Among Men" Rhodesian Army recruiting poster w/ the FAL: http://www.rhodesiaissuper.com/product_info.php/cPath/28/products_id/155

-MV

eagle45
October 7, 2005, 10:39 PM
Smokey Mountain Knife Works has a few of the old nostalgic style tin signs featuring outdoor scenes like you would find in the old 50s and 60s magazine ads for companies like Winchester. Go to the Novelty/Collectible link, then select Novelty. There are about 650 items to browse through, and most of the signs are at the end.

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/main_front.jsp

MatthewVanitas
October 8, 2005, 02:00 AM
Greg: good call on Gunbroker. Quite a few good signs there, the best of which is Remington's "Right of Way" sign: it's an ad for the semi-auto Rem hunting rifles, showing a Rem-8 bearing mountain main turning a corner on a mountain trail and coming face-to-face with a grizzly.

Which company is it that had the early 1900s ad showing a guy with a pistol wrestling a bear? Was that S&W?

I'm under the impression that I've seen several gun ads done by Frederic Remington, so I'm still quite happy with my Marlin sign.

afasano
October 8, 2005, 11:46 AM
Don't forget that those Dillon girls work real hard to look that good for thier posters. :cool:

Stickjockey
October 8, 2005, 01:19 PM
Also don't forget posters by Oleg! :D

Moparmike
October 8, 2005, 09:43 PM
Watch out on those tins on Gunbroker. There are some of the same tins for sale on Gunbroker for $12 as there are on the above mentioned knife site for $7.

repsychler
October 9, 2005, 10:00 AM
I like the Winchester sign that features all the different cartridges, and I know I once saw one that was made out of real (though inert) cartridges. I unfortunately didn't buy it and haven't seen any others since. Anyone else seen one or know where they can be had?

Thanks,
--Chris

armoredman
October 9, 2005, 11:18 AM
The man wrestling with the grizzly was a Smith poster called "Last round" I believe.

trickyasafox
October 9, 2005, 01:17 PM
funniest one i saw was a bumper sticker that said: "keep honking im reloading"

Bob F.
October 9, 2005, 07:56 PM
Last year's Glock posters were...aahhh, nice. Very classy and free. SWMBO still didn't like 'em.

Bob

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for gun related wall signs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!