New posters.

PDA

Oleg Volk
October 8, 2005, 08:09 PM
Wabbit-wackery.
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=29711&stc=1

Inspired by MSG.
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=29712&stc=1

If you enjoyed reading about "New posters." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Alex45ACP
October 8, 2005, 08:10 PM
I really like the fortune cookie one.

GunnySkox
October 8, 2005, 08:11 PM
I love the line "a matter of cultural identity". Hunting has been an integral part of the American culture since before Europeans even _thought_ about coming here.

Additionally, that's the most bad-ass fortune cookie I've ever seen.

Love 'em.

~GnSx

Justin
October 8, 2005, 08:11 PM
Second that. The fortune cookie one is pretty fly.

AJ Dual
October 8, 2005, 08:18 PM
The rabbit is the usual good effort from Oleg.

The fortune cookie is the outstanding effort from Oleg we see quite a bit of too. :D

ReadyontheRight
October 8, 2005, 08:30 PM
Excellent as usual.

Too bad so many people would see the rabbit poster and think it's more "civilized" to help those "poor people" by sending them a check so they can buy processed food at McDonald's. :barf:

Oleg Volk
October 8, 2005, 08:37 PM
McD's...don't they use meat somewhere in their offerings? Or is it soylent green?

ReadyontheRight
October 8, 2005, 08:40 PM
"It's rabbits! Shot with .22s! Soylent Green is made out of rabbits. They're making our food out of rabbits. Next thing they'll be breeding us like rabbits for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them! "

:evil:

ReadyontheRight
October 8, 2005, 08:50 PM
I love the fortune cookie poster as well. What 1911 is that? It's a beauty. Is it green or is that just the lighting?

mussi
October 8, 2005, 08:52 PM
I'm missing 762 and 308 on the fortune cookie...

No_Brakes23
October 8, 2005, 09:21 PM
Both are good, but the fortune cookie one is brilliant.

Standing Wolf
October 8, 2005, 09:32 PM
Definitely a lively fortune!

Phyphor
October 8, 2005, 10:15 PM
a mis-fortune for a goblin? Or maybe,a MISS-fortune for the holder of the weapon, if things go the other way :neener:

(Blame Preacherman, I read entirely too many of his posts.)
:evil:

RnR
October 8, 2005, 10:17 PM
The fortune pic needs some chopsticks tho...

The concept is grand, just a few tweaks to the arrangement would make it exceptional.

Slimjim
October 8, 2005, 10:21 PM
I have that same 1911.

Oleg Volk
October 8, 2005, 10:35 PM
I borrowed yours for the photo...but I put it back already ;)

Nightfall
October 8, 2005, 10:46 PM
Good stuff, particularly the last one.

alpineman
October 8, 2005, 11:09 PM
Both are excellent. As a 1911 owner, I have to admit to being partial to the fortune-cookie. It's now my desktop background...

The Freeholder
October 8, 2005, 11:14 PM
I love the fortune cookie/1911 poster.

Slotback
October 8, 2005, 11:27 PM
I really liked the fortune cookie one. I also agree with the rabbit one. A great job as always.

Taurus 66
October 8, 2005, 11:33 PM
I really like the fortune cookie one.

I don't. Fortune cookie numbers are 2 digits at most: 9, 10, 22, 25, 30, 32, 38, 40, 41, 44, 45, 50 ..... there are plenty without having to put a 3-digit "357" or 4-digit "3006" in there. Just my 3 cents. I expect to receive the correct change.

Oleg Volk
October 8, 2005, 11:46 PM
I made the progression to make it obvious. Livejournal feedback indicates that 3006 helped non-gun people to comprehend.

RoyG
October 9, 2005, 12:04 AM
It's now my desktop background...

Same here...

Taurus 66
October 9, 2005, 12:10 AM
Why not 44? That magnum caliber was "Dirty Harry" and is famous world-wide. Did you want to space out the numbers a little more? 44 next to 45 might not be appealing in such photo ads, especially if you were only going to add 4 instead of the traditional 6.

Nematocyst
October 9, 2005, 04:49 AM
<best Homer Simpson voice> "Ummmm! Fortune cookie!"

This 9 mm owner likes it. Very nice work, Oleg.

I think the progression across single, double, triple & quad numbers is intelligent & suggestive.
Undoubtedly, there are others...

I've attached a crude*, rough draft, photoshopped, 9mm replica, respectfully if playfully inspired by Oleg's fine original, constructed in a few minutes after getting off work on yet another Saturday night,
but including some other calibers & 1 gauge. ;)

Regards,

Nem

* "crude" in part because it unintentionally & accidently leaves out the venerable .357, my next caliber.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=29730&stc=1

The Viking
October 9, 2005, 05:51 AM
Sigh, what a beautiful pistol...
Oh, VERY nice posters. As always.

SomeKid
October 9, 2005, 08:23 AM
Seconds after seeing the fortune cookie I made it my desktop background.

Then I scrolled down and started reading, seems alpine beat me to this. Oh well, we gun owners are smart and know a good thing when we see it. ;)

beaucoup ammo
October 9, 2005, 09:33 AM
Bravo!

Creative quality..can't beat that! I own a new KAHR P9 (little feller..great for concealment!), so have an extra appreciation for your efforts!

Well Done.. And Take Care

armoredman
October 9, 2005, 10:00 AM
Thank you for the new desktop backgrouds - at work! Nothing like sharing your efforts with my staff. Well done, no tweaking/changing neccesary...

beaucoup ammo
October 9, 2005, 10:28 AM
Seemed I jumped the gun..litteraly! Your KAHR K9 is very well done! Finally viewd Oleg's original, with the wascally wabbit along side! Out Freaking Standing!

You folks are very talented.. and your work appreciated!

Take Care

Nematocyst
October 9, 2005, 05:11 PM
beaucoup ammo, thanks for your kind words about my little creative exploration. but I fully acknowledge again that it is unpolished child's play compared to Oleg's fine work. mine was just me messing around creatively with a beer in hand on a Saturday night.

(added by edit: not to mention the most important point: it was Oleg's idea, of course, to do fortune cookie gun art. how cool. it could lead to a new genre of art. i've even fancied calling my little spin off "Fortune Kahrkie". :) )

And again, for the record, with my addition of calibers i'm not suggesting for a second that Oleg change a thing in either of his. They are excellent as is. Just playing around to see what it would look like.

best regards to all of you artists and gun art lovers.

Nem

f4t9r
October 9, 2005, 05:45 PM
Liked the fortune cookie as well
Was that Bugs Bunny ???? looked like someone I saw before

Oleg Volk
October 9, 2005, 07:42 PM
I like your poster also. No disclaimers necessary, I am very much not competitive when it comes to pro-gun graphics. The more, the better, the happier I am.

The_Antibubba
October 9, 2005, 10:53 PM
Oleg, I've seen a lot of your posters, but the fortune cookie is the best you've ever done! It's smart, funny, and tight, with no extraneous words or ideas. This is the one that's going to end up on posters, websites, and T-shirts all over the world.

Henry Bowman
October 10, 2005, 09:51 AM
Oleg, I really like the fortune cookie one.

armoredman
October 10, 2005, 10:00 AM
Yep, my Lt saw that go up on the work computer yesterday, and thought it was great. We'll see what the Capt says tomorrow! :cool: BTW, I already use your 1891 Remington Mosin Nagant and 20 Years pictures for backgrounds/screen savers at work.

If you enjoyed reading about "New posters." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!