Walther .45

PDA

March 29, 2003, 05:43 PM
i heard a rumor going around the range today about walther coming out with a .45 any truth to this?

my gunsmith says walther is a european country and is big on 9mm, not .45

i've considered getting one in 9mm, but a .45 is what i really want.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther .45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BHP9
March 29, 2003, 07:57 PM
It's already been announced that the sub-standard S&W clone will be made in .45 so it is very possible we may see a Walther P99 in .45 also.

It is no secret that Smith had been buying the frame and lower parts from Walther and putting its own slide and barrel on its version of the P99.

Lennyjoe
March 29, 2003, 08:35 PM
Check it out Here (http://www.smith-wesson.com/Products/Firearms/sw99.htm)

Wunzwas
March 29, 2003, 08:51 PM
I have shot the SW9945, and it's a long way from being sub-standard, considering it out shoots a SIG220, and felt recoil is minimal using hot loads, The gun feeds everything and never failed to feed or fire any combo of ammo. It's as accurate as an HK tactical, and outshoots a SIG220. Besides the over all size being about 10-15% bigger then the P99 in 9MM and .40 S&W.,
I find the BIGGER frame more easily grasped, and site picture coming up more quickly, then that on Glock's bigger frames.(Glock 20 and 21). I only found positives on this so called "sub standard" weapon.I also own a German P99, 9MM. Like both pieces. Maybe Walther will come out with a .45 in the grip framed size of the P99.

March 29, 2003, 11:15 PM
thanks for the info!! did not know the sw9945 was available. i would still like to see one from walther, i want the barrel and slide tennifered.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther .45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!