Summer vacation, 1940.

PDA

Oleg Volk
October 9, 2005, 11:54 PM
Today, I started taking photos for a new series of posters. Here's the first edit for all the Francophiles here. I'll get to the Russian, British, American and German issues shortly.
http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=29759&stc=1

If you enjoyed reading about "Summer vacation, 1940." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
October 9, 2005, 11:58 PM
My first reaction is "Straighten up that uniform, Soldat! Someone will mistake you for an Ami!"

Jim

bogie
October 10, 2005, 12:36 AM
Leitzphile!

twency
October 10, 2005, 02:09 AM
I understand you want to show the uniform to help show nationality, but it seems it might make more sense if we were to see the soldier from the rear, with Leica rangefinder up to his eye, snapping a pic of la tour eiffel. As it is, I find myself wondering why he's ignoring that honking big hunk of steel behind him.

-twency

Oleg Volk
October 10, 2005, 02:33 AM
http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/ww2-pix/paris.jpg
Same idea.

Old Fuff
October 10, 2005, 10:07 AM
I think you have the right idea. If possible, you might add a holstered pistol (or at least the belt and holster) or slung rifle to show that the subject in the picture isn't an ordinary tourist

Hutch
October 10, 2005, 02:42 PM
My, my, Oleg. Your at the top of your game lately. Keep up the good work!

Dr.Rob
October 10, 2005, 02:48 PM
A thought that occured to me while standing under the arc d'triumph was 'wow this is where Hitler danced his little jig... creepy...'

So, given all the 'actual' photos of the historical events... what's the point you are trying to make? :rolleyes:

Oleg Volk
October 10, 2005, 02:57 PM
Playing with Photoshop, making fun of the French military accomplishments.

thorn726
October 10, 2005, 03:29 PM
the photos- ehh, i mean they're eerie.
but i gotta say the thrread title- gave me a Very creepy feeling.
all i am thinking of is what "summer camp" meant to too many europeans under Hitler

Dr.Rob
October 10, 2005, 04:12 PM
I'm with Thorn on this... The German soldiers occupying Paris did a lot worse than take pictures.

If you enjoyed reading about "Summer vacation, 1940." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!