Shotgun question for Zak Smith.......

PDA

john l
October 10, 2005, 06:13 PM
Zak,
My question for you is What are the shotguns that you see most of at the big 3 gun competitions lately- like the past 2 years??
I suppose that there are a lot of Rem 1100s out there, but what is your opinion about the Winchester X2s?
I would imagine that the 1100s dominate the "open" classes,
but what are the more common "tactical" 22 inch barrel maximum 9 shot capacity guns you are seeing?
Thanks,
John L

If you enjoyed reading about "Shotgun question for Zak Smith......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
October 10, 2005, 07:05 PM
The vast majority of the shotguns in Limited & Tactical class are Benelli M1S90's, in either "Tactical" configuration (18.5" bbl, 7 in tube, 1 carrier, 1 chamber) or "Field" configuration (21" bbl, same but 8 in tube). The advantage of the Field is that it can be reloaded back to 9 total, whereas the 18.5 can only start at 9 and then you can only reload to 8.

The M2 is supposed to be just as good as the M1, since the M1 is discontinued in most configurations.

I see a "few" 1100's and SX2's, but not very many.

hope this helps
Zak

If you enjoyed reading about "Shotgun question for Zak Smith......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!