Dina Arms? subcaliber adapters and do they really exist?

PDA

cpileri
March 29, 2003, 08:23 PM
Anyone ever had any luck contacting Dina Arms?
link:http://www.users.erols.com/dinaarms

They sell a variety of sub-calibe adapters. I saw an ad fo rthem in SGN regarding their new 45LC-to-22LR adapters at $25.00 for 6.
I know lots of people sell these exact same things, but Dina's price is the best so far.
Anyway, tried to e-mail and call, to no avail.
Anyone with any experiences with them at all?
C-

If you enjoyed reading about "Dina Arms? subcaliber adapters and do they really exist?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NavyDoc
April 25, 2003, 12:04 PM
well, cpileri did get ahold of dina arms via email a while back. they confirmed their sale of these inserts. he sent off his $$ and is still waiting. been well over 3 weeks.
website is down.
if it comes up, may I suggest making a phone call to them?
---

cpileri
May 9, 2003, 04:08 AM
Whooo- Hooooooooo!
Only a bit over a month since i ordered, they finally arrived. (sarcasm)

Well, maybe they had to machine them from stock steel BY HAND with a file or something.

But they look as you might expect like solid steel 45 LC cartridges with a 22 cal hole bored off-center through it, and about 3/8" of rifling at the distal end.

Will write up a short eval this weekend.
C-

winwun
May 9, 2003, 07:01 AM
There is a practice, I don't know how common it is, for companies to advertise something that they don't have, and if the response is great enough, they accumulate enough money to make it attractive for someone to tool up and make the product that was advertised. If you can get the people on the phone, ask them if the product is on their shelves right now, and if it is, what is to stop them from shipping within 24 hours. A local gun store told me they could get 1 week delivery on a order for bullets and I ordered them, and you guessed it, the first, second and third weeks went by with various excuses and I finally gave up. About 8 weeks later they called and said my bullets were in, and I told them to shove them. Seems they waited until they accumulated a $1,000.00 order from the supplier because their discount was better. Shoddy treatment. Customer service?? Yeah, like getting a bull to "service" a cow.

Standing Wolf
May 9, 2003, 07:36 PM
Hello, Winwun!

When I lived in Silicon Valley, the People's Republic of California, we referred to the practice of marketing and advertising non-existent products as "doing the vapor ware thing." It was extremely common, and may well have been one reason the computer industry stopped flying high.

As for companies that promise the sun, the moon, and the stars, but deliver excuses: I never do business with them again.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dina Arms? subcaliber adapters and do they really exist?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!