Correctional officers: is it possible...?

PDA

Monkeyleg
October 11, 2005, 08:04 PM
In a few weeks, we'll be having public committee hearings in Wisconsin for the concealed carry bill. Such hearings bring out the usual suspects against the bill: police chiefs, sheriffs, and district attorneys, to name but a few.

In Wisconsin, correctional officers cannot carry, and there's many who are genuinely ticked off about that, as they face many of the same threats that off-duty police officers do from violent criminals.

I've fantasized about having a truly brutal inmate testify before committee hearings about how he loves unarmed victims. To do so, though, would require some way of getting him to the hearings.

Yeah, I'm probably just dreaming. But, if I'm not, please offer your advice on how to get the job done.

If you enjoyed reading about "Correctional officers: is it possible...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NCP24
October 11, 2005, 10:40 PM
I've fantasized about having a truly brutal inmate Too much information, PLEASE someone stop me before I read past the word inmate. . . Just joking, are there any laws against video conference? Just a thought.

Yeah, I'm probably just dreaming. But, if I'm not, please offer your advice on how to get the job done I hope you're not thinking about The Green Mile.

MikeIsaj
October 12, 2005, 12:02 AM
Because an inmate would be willing to make threatening statements about corrections officers in a formal government hearing. About as much as he would want to give testimony to encourage CCW.

Inmates are not my friend or ally. I don't need them on my side.

Standing Wolf
October 12, 2005, 12:03 AM
...if I'm not, please offer your advice on how to get the job done.

Find some corrections officers. Start asking questions. They know Wisconsin's inmates better than anyone.

If you enjoyed reading about "Correctional officers: is it possible...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!