Jeweler shoots attacker in his car

PDA

Desertdog
October 12, 2005, 04:09 PM
Now, why didn't he call 911? I guess he did, AFTER he took care of the threat. Thank God for the ability to protect ourselves.

Jeweler shoots attacker in his car
http://www.jckgroup.com/index.asp?layout=articlePrint&articleID=CA6268984&webzine=jck&publication=jck&industry=%industry.u%

A wholesale jeweler from Illinois shot a man who tried to drag him out of his car in a hotel parking lot in Forest Park, Ga., the Associated Press reports.
The jeweler, whose name wasn't released, had pulled into a Ramada Inn on Ga. Highway 85 shortly after 5 p.m. Friday when a group of men approached his car, according to Clayton County Police.

One of the men broke the window of the car and tried to pull him out," the Associated Press reports. While struggling, the jeweler was able to reach his gun and fire three rounds, according to police.

One of the men was injured and taken to a nearby hospital, the AP reports. The other men ran off.

It was not known if the 37-year-old jeweler had any jewelry with him or if robbery was the motive for the assault, the AP reports. Police reportedly said there have been jewelers robbed in similar fashion at Clayton County hotels recently.

If you enjoyed reading about "Jeweler shoots attacker in his car" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Buck Snort
October 12, 2005, 04:40 PM
Robbing jewelers down there in Georgia seems to be a tough way of make'n a living! :neener:

sm
October 12, 2005, 04:44 PM
<shudder, wince, cold chills>

Kudos to the jewleler.

Really sorry he was not able to NOT engage the fight by non-engagment measures.

One never knows how they are percieved to be. Some know they are viable targets and more noticed.

As some have shared, never hurts to train being low-profile in dress, mannerisms, and vehicle choices. Never hurts to take defensive driving,to actually train using vehicles,and to know how firearms and loads actually perform from both inside and outside a vehicle.

...distance...distance...distance...
Stay Low and watch your back...

NMshooter
October 12, 2005, 04:50 PM
Figured there was a reason folks in the diamond business would pay for teams armed with AR-15 rifles to transport the merchandise...

And those guys keep a low profile too.

Standing Wolf
October 12, 2005, 07:29 PM
One of the men was injured and taken to a nearby hospital...

Use enough gun.

JohnKSa
October 12, 2005, 07:36 PM
Robbing anyone is stupid--robbing jewelers is practically suicidal.

When there's a gun show at Market Hall in Dallas, they have signs up stating no loaded guns are allowed inside.

When there's a jewelry show in exactly the same building, there are no such signs posted. Not hard to tell what jewelers as a group think about concealed carry...

scott.cr
October 13, 2005, 02:46 AM
Here in California a cabbie was indicted for illegally carrying a loaded and concealed firearm in his cab. (He shot and killed a "customer" in his cab that made an attempt on his life.)

He was acquitted because the jury found his cab to be his place of business, and here it is still legal to carry a concealed firearm in your place of business.

TexasRifleman
October 13, 2005, 10:56 AM
When there's a gun show at Market Hall in Dallas, they have signs up stating no loaded guns are allowed inside.

That is to keep morons from taking a loaded deer rifle into the place and accidentally killing someone. I have never seen proper 30.06 signs barring entry to concealed carry permit holders.

I don't want everyone in a gun show to be carrying loaded weapons either.

Double Naught Spy
October 13, 2005, 11:26 AM
The jeweler didn't shoot an attacker in his car, while the jeweler was in his car, he did shoot an attacker.

Robbing anyone is stupid--robbing jewelers is practically suicidal.

When there's a jewelry show in exactly the same building, there are no such signs posted. Not hard to tell what jewelers as a group think about concealed carry...

I used to attend the jewelry shows and do attend gun shows there. Funny thing, I never heard of anyone having an ND at the jewelry show, but they happen with some frequency at gun shows. It isn't what jewelers think about concealed carry that is the key here, but how well they understand that they don't need to be handling their loaded carry guns. It seems that they understand that concealed means being concealed and they leave the guns in their holsters or briefcases, or where ever.

While I am sure it happens, I don't recall any of the Dallas area gun shows having an ND by a customer. It seems the NDs are almost always by the vendors. Fortunately, I have only been present for one and that was at the show in Frisco, north of Dallas.

If you enjoyed reading about "Jeweler shoots attacker in his car" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!