Where did Dillon get his Minigun?

PDA

IMtheNRA
March 29, 2003, 10:51 PM
A few days ago, I saw that video of Monster Garage (I think). At the end, they destroy a car using what appears to be a Minigun, apparently one that belongs to Mike Dillon.

Just out of curiosity, where does a guy go to get one of these? I've never seen one for sale at a gun show, or even on subguns.com

Is there a special permitting process for the Minigun, or is it just like buying any other NFA firearm?

And lastly, what would one expect to pay for a Minigun with all the accessories?

If you enjoyed reading about "Where did Dillon get his Minigun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gordon
March 29, 2003, 11:07 PM
I,ve heard there were 6 transferable before 1986. I don't see many cased Colt Patersons for sale on e-forums either but they are out there!:cool:

Jim Watson
March 29, 2003, 11:25 PM
Uh, Mike Dillon makes them.
http://www.montysminiguns.com/RealityPage.htm
about 90% of the way down says:
"After 23 years out of production the 7.62mm Minigun is being once again manufactured by Dillon-Aeromotive a division of Dillon Precision Products."

Hkmp5sd
March 29, 2003, 11:25 PM
Jonathan Arthur Ciener has one. He's taken it to Knob Creek. But, since he's a manufacturer, he has lots of nice toys the rest of us can't play with.

Mal H
March 29, 2003, 11:30 PM
In fact, when Jesse rides up in the SUV with the roof mounted minigun, the announcer says it's a "Dillon Minigun", not it's one of "[Mike] Dillon's miniguns" (or should that be many guns).

cratz2
March 30, 2003, 01:22 AM
I overheard the owner of a local shop I don't spend much time in tell a customer, who was obviously a regular, that one of their customers had ordered and received one late last year.

Don't know if it's true, but that's what the man said.

Destructo6
March 30, 2003, 04:27 AM
Dillon almost certainly has a ream of paperwork allowing him to repair, manufacture, etc all sorts of weapons. You've seen his CETME 5.56NATO MG42-ish thinggy, haven't you?

We mortal folk, with but a short stack of papers, have to make do with transferable stuff.

KelBench400
March 31, 2003, 02:15 PM
http://dillonaero.com/default.cfm?

That's dillon aero's website.

My question is, can any Class 3 dealer purchase one of these? I think a lot of money could be made renting one of these things at a range.

-Kel

another48hrs
March 31, 2003, 02:58 PM
I've seen a transferable minigun before, anybody got $250,000?

cslinger
March 31, 2003, 04:02 PM
I saw one get bought at Knob Creek for I believe $150,000 a year or two ago.

Pricy yes, but nothing compared to having to feed that beast on a regular basis. You might as well open up a commercial reloading business or new production ammo business at the same time.:what:

Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Where did Dillon get his Minigun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!