Ruger PC9

PDA

dasmi
October 13, 2005, 06:56 PM
Anyone have one of these? Like it? Legal in California?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger PC9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jobu07
October 13, 2005, 06:59 PM
I have one. It's a fun gun to play with. Lots of cheap hi-cap mags around for them too. The only drawback is the very heavy trigger pull. Once you get by that it's a very reliable and consistant carbine. Well worth my money.

Number 6
October 13, 2005, 07:09 PM
Anyone have one of these? Like it? Legal in California?

I don't have one, but I do know it is definitely California legal. Most people that I talk to that have a PC9/PC40, generally like them. The only complaints that I am aware of are the trigger pull, and how heavy it is. I certainly plan on buying one if I stay in California for the next couple of years.

RecoilRob
October 13, 2005, 11:57 PM
My early PC-9 Police Carbine has a 4.5lb trigger pull....although it did NOT come from the factory that way.

The trigger return spring was the main culprit and mine required compressing to near coil-bind to fire. (Insert suitable disclaimer about the dangers of modifying weapons and the responsibility of the user to know what they are doing to be safe) Replaced with a lighter weight spring and this helped a lot.

But, also you have the bolt locking mechanism to deal with if you are interested in the trigger pull. This is a toggle-like affair above the bolt that locks it forward until the trigger is pulled to release it. Good design that keeps the bolt from unexpectedly ejecting the chambered round (or chambering one if it was empty) should the butt be slammed hard enough.

The final trigger pull is long and feels mushy because it is releasing the toggle and has a bit of overtravel. But, 4.5lb is a lot easier to deal with than the 9+ that mine was from Ruger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger PC9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!