glock 27 mag problems!

PDA

dubnation1*
October 14, 2005, 01:28 PM
Has anyone run into this problem yet. When my G27 magazine is fully loaded with the 9 rounds, the slide is almost impossible to rack. Is this normal? I keep it loaded with 8 for that reason.

If you enjoyed reading about "glock 27 mag problems!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
orangeninja
October 14, 2005, 01:34 PM
Well first you need to ensure that the magazine if FIRMLY seated. I will say that with my new Glock 30, the mag springs are so tight that I simply CANNOT load 10 rounds +1 without having to pound the mag in. For that reason I carry 9 +1. Eventually I think the spring will relax.

Rob1035
October 14, 2005, 02:04 PM
FWIW- Its difficult for me to load my new 26 with 10rds on a closed slide; racking the slide is difficult as well. I only have ~100rds through the pistol, so its not even close to broken in...

Ken Rainey
October 14, 2005, 04:47 PM
Yes, it's "normal" because it's new but I'd use it with just 8 in the mag anyway....reason being that it's just that much less "drag" on the slide when it's cycling which in turn means that much more reliability...especially when you may not have a perfect grip in a "bad" situation. This is just another one of the reasons I down load my magazines. Every little thing that you can do for reliability is good.

Ken

HighVelocity
October 14, 2005, 04:54 PM
Insert the mag with the slide locked back. Release the slide and the 1st round will chamber. Now it's loaded with 9 rounds.
My 27 is so tight that if I force a mag with 9rnds into the gun with the slide in battery then it will actually deform the top bullet in the mag. :eek:

PlasticPistolPacker
October 14, 2005, 07:42 PM
what are you putting the mag in for when the slide isn;t locked back. Don't tell me you're carrying a paper weight....

SARCASM :D :D :D :D :D

Darth Ruger
October 15, 2005, 12:17 PM
Its difficult for me to load my new 26 with 10rds on a closed slide; racking the slide is difficult as well.
I've never had those problems with my 26. It's always been a simple matter to load a full mag with slide open or closed, no problem racking the slide with a full mag. It worked smooth as silk right out of the box. My carry load is 124 gr. Gold Dots.

fastbolt
October 15, 2005, 03:01 PM
I own a G26 & G27, and I've noticed the same thing ...

Another issue to possibly consider is that the slide's stripper rail (or pick-up rail, if you prefer) of the newer Glocks has a slight downward angle at the front. This means that when the slide is being restracted manually, from the closed/in-battery condition, with a fully loaded magazine inserted in the grip's magazine well, the top round is going to have to be depressed/deflected even further downward ... against an already fully compressed magazine spring ... as the downward angled front of the stripper rail has to be pulled back over the top round.

This adds some difficulty to the manual retraction of the slide when a fully loaded magazine is in place, as opposed to locking the slide back in the open/rearward position, and releasing it via one of the two approved methods (listed in the manual) to load a live round into the chamber when you're ready to use the pistol.

Also, the normal recoil forces generated during firing are such that this isn't an issue when the pistol is being fired.

Like other folks have mentioned, I also found that as my magazine springs relaxed a bit ... from both range usage and being left loaded ... I found it much easier to load the magazines to the full capacity.

Taurus 617 CCW
October 15, 2005, 03:23 PM
I have owned my Glock 27 for two years now and have put about 700 rounds through it. I purchased two brand new factory mags for it and experienced the same problem. The reason why it's so tight is because the new spring isn't broken in yet and therefore will be more stiff for a while. I kept my new mags fully loaded for a month (not for carry, just in the safe) and it cleared up the problem. If that doesn't work, send it back to Glock with a work order describing the symptoms and they'll fix it.

If you enjoyed reading about "glock 27 mag problems!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!