A moment of Introduction: Hi Ya'll

PDA

kjeff50cal
October 14, 2005, 07:10 PM
I usually hang out at Greybeards & Parallax but a thread from them led me to you. I've been interested in guns and shooting sports since I was 6-years-old (my former wife said I never advanced:p ) when my dad showed me his Ruger .44 carbine (in 1966).... I progressed from cap gun to Daisey BB to Benjamin/Crossman .177 then to my first .22, a Garcia Bronco (.22 mag). I shot it until the main spring got too weak to fire a cartridge on the first try. I still have it as well as my first shotgun (a .410). Also my first milsurp, Italian Carcano in 6.5mm. A .22 single action revolver was added when I was 14 years-old all three went to Grandma's farm to plink and hunt (except 'her rabbits' close to the house). I was given my first 'big gun' a Rem. 870 12 ga. on my sixteenth birthday. Accounted for my first buck with it (rifled slug). The addiction grew when I turned 18 and I added more long guns to my collection and turned worse on my 21st birthday, a Ruger Speed Six in .357 mag (soon traded in for a .357 Ruger Blackhawk). I've bought sold and traded over one hundred firearms (many I would like back). 2 years ago I had a life altering event (divorce) and many of my guns went toward paying legal fees (no sour grapes, me and the Ex split civil) and now I have to build up my collection again. BTW after the divorce I got into milsurps & muzzleloaders (you can say I'm back to "caps" again). The High road looks to have a very lively discussions in its forums and I look forward to put in my 2 cents.

kjeff50cal

If you enjoyed reading about "A moment of Introduction: Hi Ya'll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Harry Paget Flashman
October 14, 2005, 07:21 PM
Welcome, kjeff50cal. Milsurps are addictive.

jrfoxx
October 14, 2005, 07:22 PM
welcome, I'm sure you'll like it here. :)

MachIVshooter
October 14, 2005, 08:58 PM
Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about the loss of your collection, but not to worry; the folks around here will help you spend you money on new toys.

El Tejon
October 15, 2005, 09:07 AM
Welcome to THR!:)

Janitor
October 15, 2005, 09:20 AM
I'm glad you're splitup was civil - so often ... well ... never mind.

Bad news about losing all the small arms, but sounds to me like you're already on the way to recovery. You've even got what sounds like a freash addiction.

Welcome to the forums.

beaucoup ammo
October 15, 2005, 09:40 AM
This IS a great place..I got hooked the moment I walked in the door!

Take Care

If you enjoyed reading about "A moment of Introduction: Hi Ya'll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!