National Buy Ammo Day with a twist

PDA

PromptCritical
October 14, 2005, 08:47 PM
Some of you may have heard of this. Details at National Buy Ammo Day (http://www.ammoday.us/weblog.php). But now there's a twist:

There's something brewing over at AR15.com.

Original thread here (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=399227&page=1)

The plan is to take advantage of

http://www.ammoday.us/images/ADMBan.gif

The twist here is to go to your nearest WalMart and buy them completely out of a single caliber of Winchester White Box value packs. It shouldn't be that hard, since they usually only carry a few of them from what I've heard.

There's really no coordination here, but they think it would be better to plan it down to the hour to see if they can give the WalMart stocking systems some grief. So just check their thread for updates.

Walmart has a store locater HERE (http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder.gsp).

Update: Date: Nov 19 Time: 15:30 Central Standard time.
Plan accordingly.

If you enjoyed reading about "National Buy Ammo Day with a twist" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rob1035
October 14, 2005, 09:03 PM
sounds like fun:cool:

Lupinus
October 14, 2005, 09:06 PM
And we are doing this spacificly to wal-mart and winchester white box....why exactly???

PromptCritical
October 14, 2005, 09:18 PM
And we are doing this spacificly to wal-mart and winchester white box....why exactly???

Oh, there was this thread where a gun dealer went to WalMArt to buy a bunch of WWB because it cost him less than it did to order it because he didn't have to pay shipping. He ended up cleaning them out of several calibers. Someone else thought it would be amusing if everyone did it on the same day. Sort of a mass consiousness thing.

dakotasin
October 14, 2005, 09:50 PM
i refuse to buy factory garbage. maybe to make up for it i'll run down to the gunshop and buy a few more pounds of powder...

Creeping Incrementalism
October 14, 2005, 09:51 PM
By the way, Wal-Mart has this system called "Retail Link" where vendors can get hourly updates of sales via the WWW. So if anyone knows someone at Winchester with access to it and passes the info along, it might be possible to find out how well this goes.

Rob1035
October 15, 2005, 12:23 AM
Like I said on GT and ARF, its a win win situation, we get more ammo, and maybe something else happens?

twency
October 15, 2005, 12:33 AM
Walmart is famous for its detailed tracking of customer purchase trends. I recall reading in a Wall Street Journal article within the past year or so how they prepared stores in anticipation of approaching hurricanes. Their research revealed that among the top products people stocked up on in advance were Pop-Tarts (specifically strawberry, IIRC) and beer. They shipped extra-large quantities of those items to stores in areas threatened by hurricanes, and sold out all that they could ship. That's just the tip of the iceburg of their market research.

You can bet that if there was a simultaneous spike in ammo sales on one particular day across the country, they would notice. In fact, if it was determined to be an annual trend, it's probably safe to assume they would stock extra in anticipation of a similar event on the following years.

Just my $.02.

-twency

Lupinus
October 15, 2005, 12:42 AM
To bad im broke lol

And lack a handgun right now I can really fire alot.

spooney
October 15, 2005, 01:49 AM
Walmart is famous for its detailed tracking of customer purchase trends. I recall reading in a Wall Street Journal article within the past year or so how they prepared stores in anticipation of approaching hurricanes. Their research revealed that among the top products people stocked up on in advance were Pop-Tarts (specifically strawberry, IIRC) and beer. They shipped extra-large quantities of those items to stores in areas threatened by hurricanes, and sold out all that they could ship. That's just the tip of the iceburg of their market research.

You can bet that if there was a simultaneous spike in ammo sales on one particular day across the country, they would notice. In fact, if it was determined to be an annual trend, it's probably safe to assume they would stock extra in anticipation of a similar event on the following years.

Just my $.02.

-twency

I live in Southern Oklahoma and work at a Wal-Mart the week before Hurricane Rita hit we got the largest shipment of gas cans I had ever seen into our store, this was when they didn't really know if it was going to be a strong one or not mind you. They were all marked Disaster ASAP.

chris in va
October 15, 2005, 01:54 AM
Oh man, there's no way I could buy up all of one caliber at the WalMart near me. Last time I checked they had about 20 boxes of 9mm...

DelayedReaction
October 15, 2005, 02:27 AM
Heck, I'm in. That's a Sunday, so I'll buy out all the .45ACP in Bowie, MD that I can get.

Hey, by then I'll either have a new XD-9 or a S&W 686! Two calibers to buy out!

Amadeus
October 15, 2005, 02:50 AM
And we would want to give money to Walmart when we should be supporting our locally run gunshops because.....?

Sorry. Not doing it.

I'll buy ammo from the store where the staff is friendly, has some basic firearms knowledge, and understands the concept of customer service. These guys: http://www.fowler-stockade.com/

DelayedReaction
October 15, 2005, 02:59 AM
I support my local gun store by being a member there, buying targets there, and purchasing new handguns whenever I can afford to. I wouldn't be able to do those things if I also bought ammo at those stores, cuz WWB is half the price of what the gunstore sells.

IAJack
October 15, 2005, 03:52 AM
Wal-Mart pulled a backdoor spyware type move on thir vendors. They not only have the software to track customer trends they use it to keep track of their vendors.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/secrets/pricing.html

In the 1960s and '70s, Wal-Mart took its first big bet by building its own infrastructure and distribution network. Before Wal-Mart decided to take charge of its own distribution, retailers traditionally depended on wholesalers, who procured, warehoused and distributed manufactured products. But Walton found that none of the wholesale distributors at the time were interested in giving adequate service to a geographically remote discount retailer. Wholesalers would be shut out of Wal-Mart's business model.

Next, to take on powerful brand-name suppliers, Walton would make a massive bet in information technology. By the early '80s, Wal-Mart was one of the earliest to take advantage of the bar code to increase efficiency at the checkout counter. The aim now was to find a way for technology to help Wal-Mart come up with the right mix of goods for its individual stores, thereby increasing efficiency and lowering the company's inventory costs. The idea was to transmit point-of-sale information in real time to manufacturers. The information then could be used to examine consumer taste trends, gauge demand and eliminate the need for warehousing -- manufacturers would deliver "just in time."

And so, the cornerstone of Wal-Mart's increased efficiency was its trend-forecasting software, which tracked consumer behavior. In 1985, Walton and his chief lieutenant, David Glass, began developing a program called Retail Link. The software, and the hardware that went along with it, took years to perfect, eventually costing $4 billion. This revolutionary system delivered sophisticated information on consumer behavior, drawn from the data imbedded in the barcodes that passed through checkout counters.

Wal-Mart shared this revolutionary software with suppliers at no cost, in order to help them meet the retailer's needs more efficiently. In the early years, many Wal-Mart suppliers were American firms with factories in the U.S., and so sharing the Retail Link system dovetailed with Sam Walton's "Buy American" campaign, which focused on using domestic manufacturers. But Walton also insisted on ruthless efficiency. As he wrote in a letter to his suppliers in 1985, he was committed to buying U.S. goods whenever possible, but they would have to upgrade their operations and improve productivity to "fill our requirements."

At the heart Wal-Mart's offer to share its software program was a Faustian bargain for suppliers: Use our Retail Link program, play by our new rules and we will be your gateway to sales beyond your wildest dreams. Or refuse, and be shut out of America's dominant retail chain. In fact, by sharing Retail Link, Wal-Mart gained command over its suppliers and effectively penetrated their executive decision-making. It drew them into what Sam Walton liked to call a partnership: Wal-Mart was plugged into the supplier and the supplier was plugged into Wal-Mart.

But Wal-Mart had the upper hand: By gaining access to its supplier's books, the company was in a position to virtually dictate the terms of its contracts on price, volume, delivery schedule, packaging, and quality. And it allowed the giant retailer to set the profit margin each supplier would get. It turned the supplier-retailer relationship upside-down.

If vendors wanted their products on Wal-Mart's shelves, they had to implement Wal-Mart's "customized business plans." Each year, the big retailer handed its suppliers detailed "strategic business planning packets." Wal-Mart would grade them on weekly, quarterly and annual report cards. And when it came to discussions of price, there was no real negotiation, even for household brands.

"It was a cultural change between retailers and manufacturers," said Bobby Martin Jr., the Wal-Mart executive who developed and managed the Retail Link software system. "Part of process people went through was fear that Wal-Mart would know their business better and run their business. Some of them were not even as computer literate or capable as Wal-MartÖ But the impetus behind it is the low cost commitment. This is divine discontent with cost."

Thus, Wal-Mart used its buying power and its information about consumer buying habits to force vendors into squeezing their costs and keeping their profit margins low. Over time, some suppliers -- especially middle-sized and smaller firms -- were bankrupted; and major firms moved production overseas, and increasingly to China.

Combat-wombat
October 15, 2005, 04:19 AM
Wal-Mart is too big, they're a giant corporation that screws small business up the ear, and I like to buy products at stores that specialize in the particular type of merchandise... I like to buy food from a grocery market, cameras and film from a photography store, camping gear from an outdoors/outfitting business, and guns and ammunition from a gun shop.

There's just something I hate about Wal-Mart... it's the "feel" of being inside one... absolutely giant (and I havent even been in one of those "Supercenters"), crappy products, and... I'm not sure, I just don't like it.

TrapdoorBilly
October 15, 2005, 06:57 AM
Shop at WALMART - not a chance.

Remington788
October 15, 2005, 08:29 AM
Nov 19th is deer season here in Illinois so I will be out in the woods all day chasing bambi.:D

hksw
October 15, 2005, 08:46 AM
...plan it down to the hour to see if they can give the WalMart stocking systems some grief.

How is buying all of their inventory of a particular item going to cause Wal*Mart's stocking system grief? If they are out of stock, they are out of stock.

Creeping Incrementalism
October 15, 2005, 09:06 AM
IAJack, I work for a corporation that sells a lot of product to Wal-Mart. Our product is 100% American produced, we set the price, Wal-Mart gets no special discounts, and they are very efficient to work with.

Retail Link is great and I don't see how it could be used to "see our books" in order to tell us to set our price. All it is, is a web site that allows us to get data on our sales (and other misc. info, such as store info) from them. In other words, having first-hand experience with Retail Link, I can tell you that the person who wrote the article doesn't have the faintest idea what he's talking about in regards to that system. I know Wal-Mart sometimes puts pressure on vendors to cut costs, and uses Retail Link to gather data on sales, but that's all they can do with it--track sales. It isnít spy ware and they donít have access to our internal accounting system.

Furthermore, I don't understand why people have such animosity towards Wal-Mart. Retail is just a method or "channel" for getting goods from manufacturer to consumer. And Wal-Mart can do it far more efficiently than a mom-and-pop. It's about business, not being buddies, and time and money you waste at mom-and-pops is time you could be spending with your family or shooting, and money you could be spending on health care for your family or donating to gun-rights organizations.

Sometimes mom-and-pops are better--I buy my guns at a mom-and-pop, and the owner is cool & does quickie gunsmithing for free--but I buy my ammo from Wal-Mart (or Cheaper Than Dirt). That's the way capitalism works, everyone does what they do best, and society is richer as a result.

Burt Blade
October 15, 2005, 09:08 PM
Bravo sir! Well said!

Some folks are on a tight budget, and Wal-mart lets them stretch their dollars. Some folks have enough money to shop for reasons other than price. It is a good thing this is a free country, so everyone can shop where they want.

Things change. Businesses change. The light bulb was hard on the oil-lamp and candle makers. The automobile makers pretty well have put the buggy makers into the niche market category.

And now everyone has to deal with direct internet sales. Things change.

GT
October 15, 2005, 10:12 PM
Creep nails it.

Also, the Left hates Walmart, so I always make sure to shop there.

G

Justang
October 16, 2005, 12:15 AM
And we would want to give money to Walmart when we should be supporting our locally run gunshops because.....?

Sorry. Not doing it.

I'll buy ammo from the store where the staff is friendly, has some basic firearms knowledge, and understands the concept of customer service. These guys: http://www.fowler-stockade.com/

Fowlers sucks. Unless you want to support overcharging, racist, hick, anti-black gun people. It's the only gun place I wish would just go out of business. I say boycott Fowlers all together. :cuss:

sorry, after a couple visits there, I feel their place to be of no worth.

I'll go to Turners or Grants.

Justin
October 16, 2005, 12:38 AM
Please do not turn this thread into yet another Wal-Mart flame war.

Amish_Bill
October 16, 2005, 02:31 AM
You've all read about how their supply chain software matches up patterns, like the beer & strawberry poptarts from the last storms....

If we could add a small item to make an odd pattern of this.... Maybe WWB and a box of poptarts? WWB and a box of store-brand q-tips? My favorite was every Friday buying CCI Velocitor and Guiness on the same receipt, but not everyone lives where they can do OTC beer in regular stores. :-(

What ideas can you come up with? It should be something simple, cheap, and completely non-gun related. WWB and toilet paper? WWB and a tube of cookie dough? A pack of zip ties? A quart of oil?

jamz
October 16, 2005, 09:19 AM
What ideas can you come up with? It should be something simple, cheap, and completely non-gun related. WWB and toilet paper? WWB and a tube of cookie dough? A pack of zip ties? A quart of oil?

WWB, 1 Jar Mayonaisse, a box of Condoms, and a Bible!

That should tweak their demographics a bit.

-James

PromptCritical
October 17, 2005, 12:48 AM
Update: Date: Nov 19 Time: 15:30 Central Standard time.
Plan accordingly.

Amish_Bill
October 17, 2005, 12:58 AM
What flavors of White Box do they have in .223 and what do they cost?

Headless Thompson Gunner
October 17, 2005, 01:40 AM
Why, exactly, are we trying to screw with Wal Mart?

I understand the basic idea behind ammo day, and I certainly don't have a problem with buying extra ammo.

But what does the shooting community (or myself specifically) stand to gain by specifically targeting Wal Mart's stocking system?

Amish_Bill
October 17, 2005, 02:02 AM

It's all the joy of a boyish Halloween prank with none of the irresponsible downside. There is no real 'reason' to do it, no gain to be had, and best of all, no damage to be done.

When all is said & done, it's for the best reason ever - because we can and because it makes us smile.

Justin
October 17, 2005, 02:13 AM
The argument could be made that WalMart's sophisticated software would be far more likely to detect a spike in ammo buying on one particular day than any other retailer.

If one is particularly optimistic, and if this spike were sufficiently large, it could be used as a statistic to point out just how widespread gun ownership is in this country.

oct_97
October 17, 2005, 09:40 AM
I recently bought two Underarmor T shirts on line for $25.00 each then discovered that Wal Mart has them for $6.97 each. Different logo, same shirt.

Janitor
October 17, 2005, 10:06 AM
because it makes us smile.
Perfect!

hksw
October 17, 2005, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Headless Thompson Gunner

It's all the joy of a boyish Halloween prank with none of the irresponsible downside. There is no real 'reason' to do it, no gain to be had, and best of all, no damage to be done.

When all is said & done, it's for the best reason ever - because we can and because it makes us smile.

Personally, I can't see how the spike would screw up Wal*Mart. If anything, it'll give them data to be prepared for next Ammo Day and stock up.

Just buying ammo on Ammo Day from anywhere is enough to make me smile.

countertop
October 17, 2005, 12:14 PM
If we could add a small item to make an odd pattern of this.... Maybe WWB and a box of poptarts? WWB and a box of store-brand q-tips? My favorite was every Friday buying CCI Velocitor and Guiness on the same receipt, but not everyone lives where they can do OTC beer in regular stores. :-(

Buy a copy of the Red Dawn DVD (http://countertop-chronicles.blogspot.com/2005/10/ammo-day.html) with your WWB purchase.

Amish_Bill
October 17, 2005, 12:15 PM
Personally, I can't see how the spike would screw up Wal*Mart. If anything, it'll give them data to be prepared for next Ammo Day and stock up...

"screw with" /= "screw up"

Pay attention to the verbiage.

dleong
October 17, 2005, 12:18 PM
The argument could be made that WalMart's sophisticated software would be far more likely to detect a spike in ammo buying on one particular day than any other retailer.

If one is particularly optimistic, and if this spike were sufficiently large, it could be used as a statistic to point out just how widespread gun ownership is in this country.
Or it could give Wal*Mart a reason to raise the prices of their ammo. You know, the whole supply and demand thingy.....

DL

Amish_Bill
October 17, 2005, 12:29 PM
Raise prices on a one day spike?
If the numbers held out for a month or two, maybe... but not a single day.

repsychler
October 17, 2005, 01:05 PM
I don't think the idea is to really screw up/with their supply chain, so much as it is to create a blip on Wal-Mart's radar. As Justin pointed out, its a way to flex our economic muscle and say "Look what we can do."
Why Wally World and WWB? There's Wal-Mart stores nearly everywhere, and WWB is cheap, both factors (hopefully) leading to greater participation.

Headless Thompson Gunner
October 17, 2005, 01:36 PM
When all is said & done, it's for the best reason ever - because we can and because it makes us smile.Good enough for me.

Just wondered if there was some deeper reason that I was missing.

"I want to and I can" is a superb reason for anything.:D

trickyasafox
October 17, 2005, 03:26 PM
i have mixed feelings about wal-mart. but you can't deny the fact that they really do help you stretch a dollar. i'm in. i'll pick up a box of 45

Andrew Rothman
October 17, 2005, 03:37 PM
Everyone slagging Walmart should definitely do all of their gun and ammo shopping that day at their competitors: Kmart, Target and Walgreens.

Oh, wait... Those companies gave in to the blissninnies and don't stock anything for gunnies.

Walmart, on the other hand, sells ammo, and shotguns, and rifles, and air guns...

Just exactly how are they the enemy?

Sure, you can get crappy goods and services there. Burger King ain't Cordon Bleu either, but when I want a burger cheap and quick, I'll go there.

I occasionally clean out Walmart of 9mm anyway. This is an easy thing to do. :)

Konall
October 17, 2005, 04:14 PM
Kevin at The Smallest Minority (http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2005/10/blog-post.html) has a post up on what could happen.

He quotes a news story about a guy who bought 1000 rounds of 9mm at Wal-Mart. This alarmed the clerk, who called the cops, who called in ATF, who staged a raid on the guy's house. (Turns out, the guy was a felon who shouldn't have had a gun.)

Nov 20 might to be a fun day for some of us, eh?

dakotasin
October 17, 2005, 04:59 PM
if 1000 rounds is all it takes to get somebody's panties in a wad, they best stay far from here... i have 1000 rounds in factory ammo alone, nevermind my handloads...

if the atf wants to raid my house, and can come up w/ a good 'nuff reason to do it, fine... however, i gotta tell ya, i would be shocked to death if a 1000 round ammo purchase in the height of hunting seasons here would cause anybody any mass panic...

Salival
October 17, 2005, 07:17 PM
I'm always cleaning out my local Wal-Mart of WWB in 9mm.

10 boxes last week and 9 more boxes on Saturday.

I imagine that I'll do it again next weekend as well :D

hksw
October 17, 2005, 09:27 PM
"screw with" /= "screw up"

Pay attention to the verbiage.

Well, IMO, in order to 'screw with' Wal*Mart, someone has to pay attention. You think someone is going to look at a small spike in ammo on Ammo Day and say, "OMG, something is happening here. Better call the government." or would you think, like I would, a computer notes the trend over a year or two and automatically requests a slight increase in additional stock with blinking an electron a week before the next date.

To summarize, WM will not even notice.

natedog
October 17, 2005, 09:43 PM
I think its funny when the most diligent Adam Smith fans suddenly reverse their opinions when it comes to Wal-Mart.

trickyasafox
October 17, 2005, 10:00 PM
since when dont target and kmart stock ammo? i havent been to one in a while but they both used to stock ammo and guns

Amish_Bill
October 17, 2005, 11:50 PM
Kevin at The Smallest Minority (http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2005/10/blog-post.html) has a post up on what could happen.

He quotes a news story about a guy who bought 1000 rounds of 9mm at Wal-Mart. This alarmed the clerk, who called the cops, who called in ATF, who staged a raid on the guy's house. (Turns out, the guy was a felon who shouldn't have had a gun.)

Nov 20 might to be a fun day for some of us, eh?

Uh Oh... So maybe I should rethink the 10-12k rounds I'm getting ready to order?

Oopsie! :neener:

Heck - the last time I was in an Academy Sports my buddy and I walked out with 5 cases... ;-)

I wonder how much ammo WallyWorld will have when I go to visit... ???

Moparmike
October 18, 2005, 01:36 AM
Too bad I dont have any guns in calibers that WWB is in...except 7.62x39, and there ain't no way I am going to put overpriced WWB in a WASR-10 when the Silver Bear I have will do fine and costs next to nothing comparitively...:scrutiny:

No_Brakes23
October 18, 2005, 02:19 AM
I'll buy ammo from the store where the staff is friendly, has some basic firearms knowledge, and understands the concept of customer service. These guys: http://www.fowler-stockade.com/ Cool, support Fowlers/Stockade, (R.I.P. Armory of Orange,) or Turner's if you think Fowler's is racist.

But let's not get our panties in a twist about Wal-Mart, here folks.

Ammo day is just about buying 100 rounds anywhere. The Wal-Mart concept is just the twist that AR-15.com put on it.

Personally, I still buy Val-Packs at Wally world, but not much else. Val-packs ain't made in China. The stuff shoots dirty, but until I start reloading, it is cheap and reliable.

If you really hate Wal-Mart that much, then just go support your local gunstore/sporting goods store and buy 100 rounds.

The_Antibubba
October 18, 2005, 05:26 AM
Amish Bill,

I have your "other" purchase: A box of feminine pads.
I am trying to imagine the analysis teams working that one through. :evil: And the pads are good in a first-aid bag anyway.

Janitor
October 18, 2005, 07:05 AM
He quotes a news story about a guy who bought 1000 rounds of 9mm at Wal-Mart. This alarmed the clerk, who called the cops, who called in ATF, who staged a raid on the guy's house.
Surely, they must be mistaken. Only 1000 rounds raised flags and called in the ATF?

Heck - the last time I was in an Academy Sports my buddy and I walked out with 5 cases.
Just what I was about to mention. :)

Colt
October 18, 2005, 02:04 PM
FWIW, Walmart is, by far, the most 2A friendly store of all the Kmart, Target, etc crowd.

Years ago, after reading an article in FastCompany and seeing transcripts of the PBS special, I was wholey anti-Walmart. Then I researched just a bit further, and became pro-WM.

What changed my mind? Non-partisan, objective information on the world economy, which we are part of, like it or not. The short hand is that the US economy is moving from manufacturing to service/technology, much as an individual worker's career would mature from fast-food worker to professional worker. China is in effect our "minimum wage" employee. (before you bemoan the Chinese laborer's "small" salary, please also examine their cost of living.)

Mongo the Mutterer
October 18, 2005, 02:22 PM
When I just got involved with pistol, I went to WM and bought one box of WWB 9mm. The clerk looked at me and said "just one?". He was right.

BTW a friend of mine's wife works for Olin (Winchester) in Illinois... She can't buy WWB cheaper than Walmart as an employee.

Mongo the Mutterer
October 18, 2005, 02:23 PM
Oh, obviously I'm in...

Andrew Rothman
October 18, 2005, 06:34 PM
since when dont target and kmart stock ammo? i havent been to one in a while but they both used to stock ammo and guns

It has been a while. You can't even find a TOY gun at a Target.

KMart has rifle and shotgun ammo, but gave in to Michael Moore and stopped selling handgun ammo in June 2001. (http://www.freep.com/money/business/kmart29_20010629.htm)

GigaBuist
October 18, 2005, 11:08 PM

If one is particularly optimistic, and if this spike were sufficiently large, it could be used as a statistic to point out just how widespread gun ownership is in this country.That's it in a nutshell! If you want to hit up a random local gunshop for your ammo-day purchases then feel free, but you'll just be leaving a single clerk scratching their head at best. Most likely they won't even notice or care that they moved a bunch of ammo that day -- just something that happened during deer season. They shrug it off.

Walmart might notice... they keep track of this stuff. You gotta remember, Walmart isn't a retail store. It looks like one, but that's not why it makes the money it does. It's a massive supply chain with on-time delivery to their stores. It's a brilliant idea and they do it better than everybody else. Evidence: lower prices.

Granted, I don't like the place... I just get an odd feeling whenever I'm in one, but I can do it for this. Besides, they do provide very good prices on ammo, and they -do- track this stuff.

That's the idea.. to cause a blip that can be seen nationwide. It's like saying, "Hi, we're here..and yes, we can coordinate activities together!"

It'd be great if the idea was big enough to cause -every- retail ammo supplier to take notice, but if we concentrate on one chain, and the very chain that is MOST likely to see it... well, that's a start!

I'm in! I'm low in 9mm and .45ACP anyway.

No_Brakes23
October 19, 2005, 01:15 AM
You can't even find a TOY gun at a Target.

Now that just ain't true. I stocked a couple last week. Too bad about the ammo, though, I wouldn't mind getting the employee discount on Val-Packs.

PromptCritical
November 11, 2005, 05:09 PM
Bump

new thread at ARFcom (the last one hit 40 pages and was locked):

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=407733

Amish_Bill
November 11, 2005, 06:15 PM
Surely, they must be mistaken. Only 1000 rounds raised flags and called in the ATF?
Heck - the last time I was in an Academy Sports my buddy and I walked out with 5 cases.

Just what I was about to mention. :)

8000 rounds of 9mm and a bbgun last time, and that was just me!

TimH
November 11, 2005, 06:25 PM
Heck, I'm in. That's a Sunday, so I'll buy out all the .45ACP in Bowie, MD that I can get.

Hey, by then I'll either have a new XD-9 or a S&W 686! Two calibers to buy out!

I case no one pointed this out the 19th is a Saturday :neener:

Amish_Bill
November 12, 2005, 02:08 AM
Bump

new thread at ARFcom (the last one hit 40 pages and was locked):

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=407733

I just went back and looked at this thread again. I now recall why it is I went from 1200+ posts on their old board software with their old crowd but only have 230 since the new software and new crowd came in. :-(

I'm still going to pick up a bunch of ammo from WW on the 19'th at 4:30est though. :D

Spiggy
November 12, 2005, 03:20 AM

Sorry. Not doing it.

Lol, they're holding my gun until tuesday, after 2 o'clock *shakes fist* I'll be there!!!

Cool, support Fowlers/Stockade, (R.I.P. Armory of Orange,) or Turner's if you think Fowler's is racist.
Ade is right across the street and evan's isnt far off (though I question evan's and their anti-"communist" gun policy... I mean, they DO sell them)

If you enjoyed reading about "National Buy Ammo Day with a twist" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!