History of Violence is pro-gun, seems to me.

PDA

The Real Hawkeye
October 16, 2005, 10:08 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed already, because the movie just came to my town this weekend even though it's been everywhere else for two weeks, but I was fairly pleasantly surprised by the apparent pro-gun message. First, the guy uses some exceptional gun skills to off two crazed robbers in a diner, and then a shotgun kept in the home was used in response to a car full of bad guys who came to the man's house. I think the implication, at least, is pro-gun, whether intended or not. Oddly, my sister, who is a super leftist from the left coast (PRK), actually raves about how much she liked the movie.

If you enjoyed reading about "History of Violence is pro-gun, seems to me." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oldtimer
October 16, 2005, 12:02 PM
"History of Violence"....is that the title of the movie? I haven't seen it, either, but it sounds like a "reality" movie!

By the way, the seemingly anti-USA organization, the United Nations, recently published a report about world-wide violent crimes. The USA, according to that report, is no longer the "murder capital" of the world. SCOTLAND now holds that position! In the same report, NEW ZEALAND is now the sexual assault "capital" of the world! It went on to explain that the average citizen was SAFER in the streets of New York City than in London, England! AUSTRALIA had shown a huge INCREASE in violence after having passed their totally restrictive gun laws....and even GUN-related violent crimes had greatly increased!

BRAZIL is in the midst of some very heated debate right now, regarding the TOTAL ban on firearms.

YES, we DO live in a very interesting time! Perhaps guns will DE-volve to the "wild west" days, when they were looked upon as "peacemakers"!???

The Real Hawkeye
October 16, 2005, 12:09 PM
Yes, the title of the movie is A History of Violence. I enjoyed it. It just came out about two weeks ago. A small town diner owner becomes a national hero when he shoots and kills two crazed armed robbers who were threatening to do violence to his patrons. Some Mafia guys think they recognize him from the TV News images as someone they wanted to kill. He then is forced to defend himself and his family. There are some interesting plot twists that I will not mention, so as not to ruin it for you.

Mumbles_45
October 16, 2005, 02:19 PM
I saw A history of violence last week and thought it was excellent. I really liked how it never went into slow motion during the action scenes, everything happened at full speed.

50 Freak
October 16, 2005, 06:32 PM
I liked it, a little slow at times and call me a prude, but too much sex for my tastes. Makes me uncomfortable watching it with friends and the in-laws.:uhoh: :uhoh:

The Real Hawkeye
October 16, 2005, 06:43 PM
I liked it, a little slow at times and call me a prude, but too much sex for my tastes. Makes me uncomfortable watching it with friends and the in-laws.:uhoh: :uhoh:I agree with you on all points. During those scenes I was just wishing they'd get on with the movie. Can't recommend to certain people because of this factor.

If you enjoyed reading about "History of Violence is pro-gun, seems to me." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!