replacement MK II sights?

PDA

243_shooter
March 30, 2003, 10:01 AM
Hi all,

Finally got my pistol permit (yay!).. Picked up a VG condition used Ruger MKII 'Target'.. It has the adjustable sights, but I'm looking for alternatives..

The front sight has been painted white for better visibility by the previous owner, but it seems to me that they are just to 'coarse' for good accuracy (for lack of a better word). It could be that I'm just not used to pistol sights.

Can anyone recomend any good replacment target sights? It appears that they are fairly easy to change, but I haven't found any good info online.

Thanks,
Leo

If you enjoyed reading about "replacement MK II sights?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
March 30, 2003, 11:52 AM
The sights on your Ruger were designed for formal bullseye shooting, and work well for that purpose, although the front sight should be black, not white. You will find after-market alternative ones at:

http://www.millettsights.com

243_shooter
March 30, 2003, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the link, that was exactly what I was looking for..!

Leo

Standing Wolf
March 30, 2003, 09:55 PM
I'd like to add that I've bought sights from Millett before, and both the sights and customer service were excellent.

If you enjoyed reading about "replacement MK II sights?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!