Cool Rifle Cheek Pad w/ Mosin

PDA

Cosmoline
October 16, 2005, 05:59 PM
I picked up one of the Blackhawk tactica cheek pad/ammo carriers and stuck it on my Tikka 91/30. Looks really cool with the dark stained wood, and is a very comfortable rest. It also makes a great hideaway for a little squirrel & ptarmigan medicine.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=30022&d=1129499962

If you enjoyed reading about "Cool Rifle Cheek Pad w/ Mosin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stevelyn
October 17, 2005, 10:41 AM
I've been thinking of getting one for my Ruger #1.

How thick is the padding and how much higher does it place your cheek above the sights? The Ruger has a kinda high comb to begin with.

Where did you find it?

GunGoBoom
October 17, 2005, 10:46 AM
What exactly is the squirrel medicine hardware? Nice cheek piece. I've got a similar one on my NEF Handi, which is a necessity almost for holding more hells, with that single shot.

Cosmoline
October 17, 2005, 03:35 PM
A beretta 21A. The thin sights that make it tricky as a defensive weapon also make it a fine short-range small game pistol.

Cosmoline
October 17, 2005, 03:37 PM
I've been thinking of getting one for my Ruger #1.

How thick is the padding and how much higher does it place your cheek above the sights? The Ruger has a kinda high comb to begin with.

Where did you find it?

I found it at Arizona Gunrunners on line. The padding isn't too bulky. It raises the 91/30 comb just slightly, but really improves the ergonomics. I can still easily use the iron sights with it.

Dave Markowitz
October 17, 2005, 09:07 PM
Ya know Cosmoline, there's something unnatural about putting ballistic nylon on a nice Mosin. ;)

Seriously, if it works, more power to you.

Cosmoline
October 17, 2005, 09:11 PM
It actually looks pretty cool. The Finns put that dark stain (the one that supposedly has motor oil in it) on the Soviet wood, so it already has a somewhat "tactical" appearance. It will look even better once my Darrell's mount comes in and I put the scout scope on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cool Rifle Cheek Pad w/ Mosin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!