Separation of church and state.....

PDA

Jake
October 16, 2005, 10:53 PM
This one may take the cake for stupidity about "separation of church and state".

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=594781

If you enjoyed reading about "Separation of church and state....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bjbarron
October 16, 2005, 11:05 PM
It doesn't work for everybody. I've tried to get Rod Stewart music banned from the planet and failed miserably.

Standing Wolf
October 17, 2005, 12:17 AM
The decision is especially unpopular with Charlie Daniels himself, who tells the Post that he, "doesn't write pro-devil songs," and that it's, "a shame," the band director would yield to one piece of mail.

The wheel that squeaks loudest gets the grease.

Nightfa11
October 17, 2005, 12:21 AM
Mwaaahahahahahahaha.

Google Jerusalem Trilogy lyrics for an example of Charlie Daniel's spiritual side.

I love the ACLU and all the (non-existent in the constitution) separation folks getting it shoved back in their faces, though. Can't sing about the Christian God, I better not hear a peep about Allah or any other God or Gods...........

Pilgrim
October 17, 2005, 12:23 AM
One letter, however, from a parent whose children are home-schooled, was sent to a local newspaper complaining that the song about the devil shouldn't be played at school events because of separation of church and state.
Sounds like a parent who still has too much time on his/her hands.

Pilgrim

Mr_Moore
October 17, 2005, 12:29 AM
The wheel that squeaks loudest gets the grease.

Lot-o-times they change the wheel.

Lupinus
October 17, 2005, 01:03 AM
Your right the wheel that squeek's loudist usualy get's the biggist shot of greese to shut it up

So, let's start stocking up on muzzles and greese those loud squeeky annoying wheels

Silent-Snail
October 17, 2005, 01:38 AM
That doesn't seem too High Road to me.

Gordon Fink
October 17, 2005, 02:52 AM
Can’t sing about the Christian God, I better not hear a peep about Allah or any other God or Gods.…

I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard an Islamic song, but Allah gets plenty of attention in Christian songs—though not as much as his son, Joshua.

Anyway, the situation discussed in the article may be amusing, but it sounds like no one was compelled one way or the other.

~G. Fink

afasano
October 17, 2005, 06:09 PM
A few people are finally giving the "separtation nazis" a taste of their own medicine and they don't like it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Separation of church and state....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!