High Standard pistol made when?

PDA

G21NE
January 1, 2003, 09:39 PM
Harley, I just purchased a High Standard Sport King model 102 pistol and was wondering when it was made.

The serial # is 829xxx. Let me know if you need more.
I have emailed the current owners of the High Standard name, but no response yet.

And thanks a ton for doing this for us! Glad to see you here on the new site.

TIA,
Dale

If you enjoyed reading about "High Standard pistol made when?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
January 2, 2003, 12:04 AM
Blue Book sez 1958.

G21NE
January 2, 2003, 10:10 PM
Thanks, Jim! Now I am even more impressed by the condition that it is in. It shows what I think to be holster wear on the barrel near the muzzle, and "hand" wear on the front and back straps.

Also a few scratches, but no major problems, and no rust.
I am very pleased with it.

Thanks,
Dale

utgopher
December 2, 2006, 03:40 PM
I purchased a (new to me) HS Sport King....

serial # 395260

I would appreciate if anyone knows when it was manufactered!

thanks

Ron James
December 2, 2006, 06:05 PM

phantomak47
December 2, 2006, 11:30 PM
Hey Guys,

I have an amazing opportunity to have choice picks of a family friends firearm collection. He passed away a few years ago and his family wants to get ride of some of the firearms.

He gave me an old high standard pistol, I posted pics a month or so ago. Anyways I know he has a few high standards, should I get them for collector purposes? I dont plan on shooting them or shooting them maybe a little. Are these a good investment?

If you enjoyed reading about "High Standard pistol made when?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!