what does NWIW stand for?

PDA

chuxterized
October 18, 2005, 01:13 AM
what does NWIW stand for? there's some other acronyms that i have no clue what they stand for, but can't think of any at the moment. maybe a quick summary of some commonly used acronyms would be nice. sorry, i'm not very good at figuring out acronyms and such. thanks ahead of time for any responses :)

oh like FTF.. is that failure to fire or failure to feed? and FTE.. failure to extract or failure to eject?

If you enjoyed reading about "what does NWIW stand for?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M-Rex
October 18, 2005, 01:23 AM
Whoops....wrong forum. Edited.

Lupinus
October 18, 2005, 01:23 AM
I think he knows what that one means rex lol

Cacique500
October 18, 2005, 11:17 AM
You sure you don't mean FWIW? (For what it's worth?)

Jim K
October 18, 2005, 02:25 PM
FTF is one of the most confusing abbreviations on gun web sites. It can mean "failure to fire", "failure to feed" or (regarding a gun sale) "face to face."

Another is FTE, which can mean "failure to extract" or "failure to eject."

I wish folks would spell out those terms to avoid confusion.

Other common ones are:

IM(H)O - in my (humble) opinion
IME - in my experience
AFAIK - as far as I know
LOL - laughing out loud, also lots of luck
ROTFLOL - rolling on the floor laughing out loud
GF - girl friend

Jim

scout26
October 18, 2005, 04:29 PM
oh like FTF.. is that failure to fire or failure to feed? and FTE.. failure to extract or failure to eject?

Yes.

:neener:

The clue to the true meaning can often be found the in the context of the discussion. HTH

AWALWAINHTMURHALFL

PlayTheAces
October 18, 2005, 08:46 PM
Follow the link.

Probably more Netspeak than you really ever wanted to know. :D

The Secret Language (http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm)

Smokey Joe
October 18, 2005, 09:32 PM
PlaytheAces--NWIW is not on your link. Apparently it isn't Netspeak. Nice link, though.

NWIW is also not on the list of acronyms in the THR library.

Hmmm--I wonder what it DOES mean?

Not While I Watch?

Never When In Wyoming (or Wisconsin)?

Navy Wives In White?

No-one Wants Innocent Wolverines?

The mind boggles.

Black Majik
October 18, 2005, 09:38 PM
After an argument with your significant other, or girlfriend, wife..... after constantly going back and forth, back and forth, trying to debunk their argument, you walk away and yell "NWIW!!!"

The gf/wife looks back and says "what'd you say to me?"

and you yell back "NWIW!"

Gf/wife looks at you stern eyed :scrutiny:

And you yell at them "No Wonder I Win!"

XLMiguel
October 18, 2005, 09:44 PM
Blackmajik - a man never gets the last word, every time you think you do, it's just the start of the next fight:eek: . The proper approach is SAA - Smile And Agree - then do what you're going to do. It's easier to apologize than gain permission.:D I've learned this over 22 tears of marriage :neener:

sm
October 18, 2005, 09:48 PM
Not While I Watch

The story I was told ...

Some Stuff one is really not advised to watch as to how it is done.

-Seeing the 2x4 used in b/t door and jamb on a new Caddy to adjust doors at the dealership ...
-Watching the camera while as a patient to view one's own surgery
-Watching one's self getting stitches...
-

You get the idea.

So folks just came up with NWIW, for all sorts of stuff...basically" yeah go ahead and do it - just I don't want to know, and I don't want to watch".

So naturally when 'puters came about , Intenet...etc., well NWIW fit right in with all the other acronymns.

That is the story I am sticking with...:D

In fact , Sandy quipped "NWIW" in response to being asked if she wanted to come see Me and Larry find that shotgun I said he needed a the Tulsa Gun show...

"NO...oh NO...you two boys go have a good time without me...please! " :p

ceetee
October 18, 2005, 10:56 PM
I actually wanted to watch my surgeries... all three of 'em. The surgeon refused to let me. I'm guessing too much chance of me seeing him screw something up...

I have watched while E.R. doctors sewed me up various times. I guess you could say I had an active childhood...

50 Freak
October 19, 2005, 12:21 AM
HOLY CRAP SM.....

Just noticed your post count. How the heck do you do over 10,000 posts. Do you get out much???:what: :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "what does NWIW stand for?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!