Republicans shoot down new AP ammo definition

PDA

LAR-15
October 18, 2005, 10:05 AM
Motion by: Mrs. Slaughter.

Summary of motion: To amend the rule to make in order and provide the appropriate waivers for the amendment by Representative McCarthy which expands the definition of armor piercing ammunition that is capable of penetrating body armor.

Results: Defeated 3 to 8.

Vote by Members: Hastings (WA)--Nay; Sessions--Nay; Putnam--Nay; Capito--Nay; Cole--Nay; Bishop--Nay; Gingrey--Nay; Slaughter--Yea; Hastings (FL)--Yea; Matsui--Yea; Dreier--Nay.

If you enjoyed reading about "Republicans shoot down new AP ammo definition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Henry Bowman
October 18, 2005, 10:17 AM
Excellent! This is far more important than the average person realizes.

Third_Rail
October 18, 2005, 11:00 AM
:what:

This is the first I'd heard of this motion. If that hadn't been voted down, even the lowly .22lr out of a rifle would be "AP".

Kim
October 18, 2005, 12:57 PM
EVERYONE needs to remember this type vote when the Democrats say they support 2nd amendment rights. THEY are liars. Do not believe them.:eek:

Desertdog
October 18, 2005, 01:08 PM
EVERYONE needs to remember this type vote when the Democrats say they support 2nd amendment rights. THEY are liars. Do not believe them.
Really now, it's just sensible gun regulation. :rolleyes: :barf: :barf:

Fletchette
October 18, 2005, 01:18 PM
er, so when are the pro-gun Republicans actually going to repeal a gun law?

longhorngunman
October 18, 2005, 01:31 PM
But,but I thought there was no difference between the two parties.:D The vote on bills like this is why I'll continue to vote Republican. The Pubs might drive me crazy a lot of the time with some of their ideas like the lack of immigration control. But the alternative to the GOPer's in charge is downright frightening:uhoh: .

If you enjoyed reading about "Republicans shoot down new AP ammo definition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!