Anyone see "Elephant" on HBO last night?

PDA

tacostacostacostacos
October 18, 2005, 01:13 PM
I am usually willing to give a unheard of movie premiere on HBO a try, and I figure they don't get paid 12 bucks a person per month to display rediculous crap...well, I was wrong.

Not only is it a poorly written and directed "drama" based on a fictional high school shooting rampage (which by the way takes 98% of the movie to even get to), it is a typical liberal anti-gun display...poorly researched I might add. It appears to be set in recent times.

A scene shows these two as of yet supposedly "normal" youths sitting in the room...when one pulls up an online gun store website (think impactguns, etc).

A few scenes later, his AR shows up via UPS in the box. A 16 year old went online and just ordered up a AR to be delivered to his house :banghead: This must have been the brainchild of California liberals...it reeks of their uninformed stupidity.

If this cheaply produced film's goal was to invoke thought, it worked. I thought about it, and this trash sums up the anti-2A hippies...they are all uninformed and would rather spew propaganda than facts. Other than that, I want my 90 minutes back!

GRRRRRRRR!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone see "Elephant" on HBO last night?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jungle
October 18, 2005, 01:18 PM
If you want good programming, buy or rent movies you like and cancel HBO.
Time-Warner is not helping us, and giving them money for their schlock is not helping you.

Brad Johnson
October 18, 2005, 03:10 PM
Didn't see Elephant. I'm just patiently waiting for the new season of Carnivale to start.

Brad

Nehemiah Scudder
October 18, 2005, 03:15 PM
Carnivale was cancelled.

I'm waiting for "The Wire" and/or "Deadwood". Gonna catch up with "Elephant" in the near future and probably reply.

Dragun
October 18, 2005, 03:20 PM
cancelled HBO a long time ago

Lupinus
October 18, 2005, 03:21 PM
Hbo is one thing I can't give up. I watch the series to much to give it up lol

spacemanspiff
October 18, 2005, 03:22 PM
oddly enough, i havent seen too many previews for 'elephant'. from what i could tell it appeared to be based loosely around columbine.

only about half of hbo's "documentaries" and movies ever impress me.

spacemanstilllamentingthecancellationofCarnivaleGoodEveningBrothersandSistersspiff

Brad Johnson
October 18, 2005, 03:30 PM
Carnivale was cancelled.

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo! :eek: :(

Brad

rhubarb
October 18, 2005, 10:28 PM
...when one pulls up an online gun store website (think impactguns, etc).

A few scenes later, his AR shows up via UPS in the box.

I wisht. :banghead:

Lupinus
October 18, 2005, 11:30 PM
I watched it and frankly....it was stupid

But yeah I wish for the AR15 at my door from UPS too lol

san408
October 19, 2005, 09:10 PM
I was looking forward to watching it.

I was disappointed with it. Yeah, there was that problem with the AR to the front door. Which prompted my wife to turn to me and ask "that can't really happen can it?" :banghead:

Then right after that there is the part where the kids go out to the garage with a mag full of ammo (where that came from I have no idea, I guess whoever shipped that rifle to a 16 year old threw in free amo) and start shooting at a wood pile. Which prompted my 9 year old daughter to turn to me and say "They should have their ears on, and they don't have their glasses on either." ;) There is hope for future generations. :)

The HBO series and documentaries are what keep it subscribed. I enjoy most of them.

mbs357
October 19, 2005, 09:40 PM
Sounds pretty stupid.
Glad I don't watch much TV anymore.

Justin
October 19, 2005, 10:11 PM
Gus Van Sant's 15 minutes were up after "Good Will Hunting."

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone see "Elephant" on HBO last night?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!