Question about NFA Class 3 weapons/devices.

PDA

idakfan
October 18, 2005, 04:39 PM
I'm thinking I may buy a Class 3 firearm/suppressor in the future buy my questions are:

1) Do the Feds have the right to show up at my house and demand I furnish said Class 3 item? I know I have to keep it within the same State unless "given permission" but I'm curious about if I'm allowed to keep it private.

2) Has anybody been harassed by any other agency for simply filing the forms? Dirty harassment?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about NFA Class 3 weapons/devices." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kharn
October 18, 2005, 04:45 PM
I'm thinking I may buy a Class 3 firearm/suppressor in the future buy my questions are:

1) Do the Feds have the right to show up at my house and demand I furnish said Class 3 item? I know I have to keep it within the same State unless "given permission" but I'm curious about if I'm allowed to keep it private.No, the ATF can inspect FFLs premises/weapons without a warrant (as a condition of the license), but private citizens can demand they go get one even if they own NFA weapons.

Kharn

idakfan
October 18, 2005, 04:51 PM
So Caching a Class 3 item is out of the question?

That's the answer I was looking for.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question about NFA Class 3 weapons/devices." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!