Ouch! Slide bite!

PDA

DDGator
March 30, 2003, 05:24 PM
I am well-aware of the concept of hammer bite, and I have experienced it first hand (pardon the pun) with a Walther...

But, today I went to the range with a friend who had a Jennings .380. He offered it to me to try. After a trigger pull so hard I was wondering if the gun was really ready to fire, I got bit.

I looked down at my hand to see two nice surgical incisions in the web of my hand where the slide rails sliced right through. Being a glutton for punishment I readjusted my grip and fired again. The blood running down my hand convinced me to scream "uncle."

I then let my friend shoot some of my "cheap" guns -- a Kel-Tec P-32. a Kel-Tec P-40 and a CZ-75B. After all, friends dont let friends shoot Jennings!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ouch! Slide bite!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hal
March 30, 2003, 06:50 PM
It's not just the Jennings Gator my friend. I got bit mega big by a Walther PPK.. Friends don't let friends shoot biters no matter how much they're worth.

Al Thompson
March 30, 2003, 08:21 PM
It's darn hard to tell if it's a biter unless you try it. My nemesis is the Browning HP/P35.

10-Ring
March 30, 2003, 09:37 PM
Yup, that's something try to avoid when I go shooting....bleeding :uh-oh:

I hate it when a gun bites back!

cratz2
March 30, 2003, 11:29 PM
Worst I've ever had was a Jennings 380. First time I shot it. With practice, it can be avoided but still don't want it around when I need a gun for serious purposes. ;) I was warned before shooting a Walther. Never had a problem with a Hi Power or Arcus.

Truthfully, I have slightly small-ish hands and have never lost blood to bite.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ouch! Slide bite!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!