Four Rules....

PDA

dk-corriveau
October 19, 2005, 10:26 AM
Did they forget to teach the Four Rules to the police in Vegas? This is pretty scarry. :banghead:

http://media5.big-boys.com/content/womancop.wmv

If you enjoyed reading about "Four Rules...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Janitor
October 19, 2005, 11:05 AM
Holy crap!

I'm still wiping sleep from my eyes. Thought I was awake until I watched this -did that female LEO just shoot the other LEO on the scene? Sure looked that way. Extreme ND I'd say.

mbs357
October 19, 2005, 11:05 AM
Apparently they don't.
>________>

belton-deer-hunter
October 19, 2005, 11:19 AM
i smell a law siut
tha was bad i can say i have never seen anything ike that wait there was rodney king, and the other guy in new orleans every ne is talking aobut never mind it happens all the time

dk-corriveau
October 19, 2005, 11:21 AM
Janitor,

Sorry about the shocking video so early in the morning. The way I see the video, she had an accidental discharge that hit the ground right next to the BG that his being cuffed. :what:

The discharge is troubling in and of itself, but the cop seems unsure what to do after it happens. :banghead: In the end she looks around and holsters her sidearm, but it seems to me that the correct thing to do is to keep the firearm on the bg. If the threat warranted having your sidearm out, I donít think the threat had changed after the accidental discharge. That being said, Iím not a cop so my opinion shouldnít carry much weight.

Werewolf
October 19, 2005, 11:47 AM
Very, very old news. I saw this video (or one very similar) at least 1 and probably 2 years ago.

Still - it is interesting - and it does tend to stimulate a bit of discussion when ever it comes up.

My 1st impression upon seeing it was what a dumb@ss.

1st impressions are often wrong. I suspect the elevated stress level of the situation caused the accident and tend to give the officer the benefit of the doubt.

OTOH - since situations as depicted in the video often involve a risk to human life - one could argue (and I will) that a LEO who cannot think and act correctly while in high stress situations probably shouldn't be a LEO or at least not one out on the street.

Janitor
October 19, 2005, 12:25 PM
that a LEO who cannot think and act correctly while in high stress situations probably shouldn't be a LEO or at least not one out on the street.
Or at the very least learn to keep her finger off the trigger until needed. What if she had actually been pointing the weapon at the perp? Sure - he may have needed to be shot, but doing it on purpose would probably be better.

If I were to assume anything about that shot - it was neglegent, not accidental.

Working Man
October 19, 2005, 12:27 PM
If I were to assume anything about that shot - it was neglegent, not accidental.

I agree.

sumpnz
October 19, 2005, 12:53 PM
They showed that video in my CCW class. According to the instructor the guy in cuffs and the black cop caught shrapnel. Lady cop didn't walk the beat for a good couple years after (assuming she even kept her job), the perp had whatever he was being arrested for dismissed, and he won a large civil judgment against the Vegas PD. I don't know if that video shows it, but in the clip we saw in the class, the lady cop runs back to her car after and bawls her eyes out.

mbs357
October 19, 2005, 12:57 PM
Yea, it looked like something hit the perp and the cop...I always just figured they were going '***'.

Jenrick
October 19, 2005, 12:58 PM
One thing about this is that her partner has gone hands on with the perp. In the situation there is no reason for her to have the gun pointed almost directly at the perp and almost directly at her partner. If you notice at the start of the video the weapon is pointing more at her partner then the perp.

The ND occurs after she starts to bring the weapon down thankfully. She could have gone to a deep low ready, or Sul and still been able to get the weapon into play effectively if needed. Then again considering her partner was going hands on, and assuming there were no other unsercured threats, desecalating to a different threat level might have been appropriate as well.

-Jenrick

Justin
October 19, 2005, 02:09 PM
Really old nooze.

See here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=23242&highlight=negligent+discharge) and here. (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=94701&highlight=video)

If you enjoyed reading about "Four Rules...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!