Ed Brown vs Cooper

PDA

harrydog
March 30, 2003, 06:54 PM
I've been looking into semi-custom rifles and both of these companies interest me.
The Ed Brown rifles start at $2800 while the Cooper rifles start at $1000. It really doesn't seem to me that the Brown rifles are any better than the Cooper rifles, especially not $1800 better. Is there something that I'm missing?
Anyone have any experience with Cooper?

http://www.cooperfirearms.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "Ed Brown vs Cooper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cratz2
March 30, 2003, 08:46 PM
Well, I don't know much about the Ed Brown rifles... I'm sure they're very nice. But for $1,200 or so, I think every sensible rifleman in the country would be very happy with a Cooper. I can't imagine someone finding a lot of faults with the Cooper though the Browns are lighter weight for those that think a beautiful perfectly built and fitted 7.5 lb rifle is just too ungainly.

BigG
March 31, 2003, 09:56 AM
The Coopers are mostly single shot. The ones I've seen have little benchrest targets with a single hole that they say is a five shot group! :cool: Beautifully finished. Haven't seen the Ed Browns.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ed Brown vs Cooper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!