NV equipment

PDA

Avenger29
October 20, 2005, 01:48 PM
I am looking into buying a set of NV goggles...

These are my requirements:

Generation 3 Technology
Either no magnification or selectable no magnification (most NV goggles I see have magnification)
IR illuminator
Capable for handsfree use
usuable with weapons (although will not be a primary use)
decent field of view
Can be either monocular or binocular style

What do y'all reccomend

If you enjoyed reading about "NV equipment" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PvtPyle
October 20, 2005, 06:13 PM
What price range are you looking for?

Avenger29
October 20, 2005, 06:35 PM
Under a thousand would be nice, but I can go up to around $1500

PvtPyle
October 20, 2005, 06:44 PM
You are not going to find a gen # set of US NVD's fior that, even a used and functional set. The Russian Gen 3 stuff is equal to our Gen 2 at best. I would never buy another set of Russian NVD's, but I do have a rifle scope for the Mil rail system that I would sell you for $400+S&H. It works ok, but it is NOT the equivelent to US Gen 3.

Goggles are not going to be weapon mountable, but you could use it with a laser, keeping in mind that unless you have an IR laser it will be visable to everyone else.

Used PVS-14's (that you could mount on a weapon too) are going for over $3000 last I saw.

The cheapest I can get PVS-7 goggles for is $2775.

If you enjoyed reading about "NV equipment" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!