I'm outta here!

PDA

TechBrute
March 30, 2003, 10:38 PM
I've finally had enough of the People Republic, and I'm moving to Dallas! Woo Hoo.:D

When I get there, I'm going to find the blackest, tacticalest, evilest, assultingest weapon I can find and buy it... WITH NO WAITING PERIOD!!! WOO HOO!!! I'll buy it in Skunk's honor.:D

After that, I'm going to go to a gun show and "cash and carry" as many guns as I have cash and can carry!:D

Is there anything else I'm missing?

:neener:

I'm sure some of you have taken these rights for granted. Don't.:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm outta here!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fly320s
March 30, 2003, 10:42 PM
Texas has good CHL laws and is NFA friendly.

Don't forget to try some Blue Bell Ice Cream and Shiner Boch beer. Not together, unless you like beer floats.

TechBrute
March 30, 2003, 10:45 PM
Texas has good CHL laws and is NFA friendly. I was actually one of the first 2000 to get my CHL back in '94.:D
Don't forget to try some Blue Bell Ice Cream and Shiner Boch beer. Not together, unless you like beer floats. Yeah, I miss Shiner, and Ziegen (spelling?). And I have had a beer float but didn't care for it.:barf:

Racegun
March 30, 2003, 10:50 PM
If you are really moving to The DFW area you will need a good snith/machinist who knows guns and good people who know everything else. I can be of service...:rolleyes:

notbubba
March 30, 2003, 11:12 PM
Well, all I can say is...

Welcome to America.

CatsDieNow
March 30, 2003, 11:22 PM
Remember...six month wait before CHL. :(

Welcome to the area. :)

ball3006
March 31, 2003, 02:46 PM
New Yorkers in Dallas. Fort Worth is much better. Depending on where you locate, the Haltom City Rifle and Pistol Club is a good safe place to shoot. Private club, 75.00 a year. Watch out for the brisket. Gotta do Babe's Chicken in Roanoke. Market Hall and Big Town are the best shows with alot of other good shows too. You will not have any problem spending your money here....chris3

Kalindras
March 31, 2003, 03:38 PM
Drop us an email when you get here. We'll hit a range or something!!

:D

CCGR is about the friendliest danged range I've found, as far as bringing just about whatever you want out!! It's up in McKinney, but that's a straight shot (pun intended!) up 75.

TechBrute
March 31, 2003, 05:46 PM
Oh yeah, range suggestions ALWAYS welcome!:D Y'all are great, thanks. By the way, I'll be interested to find a 1000+ yard range, if you know of any. When I lived in Dallas before, I was down in Duncanville and did all my shooting at Ben's Gun Shop. I only owned 2 pistols at the time (things have changed.):D

Racegun
March 31, 2003, 09:11 PM
And if you do make it to the Collin County Gun Range conveniently located just outside of McKinney, my husband is the smith there on Saturdays.

He is the best in the county!!:D

blades67
March 31, 2003, 09:31 PM
At least Genie is unbiased.;) :D

trapshooter
March 31, 2003, 09:35 PM
Make sure you take home one of those evil .50 caliber sniper rifles on your first trip to the goody locker, and a (used?) S&W 500 Mag. Just for DiFi, or course.:neener:

CZ 75 BD
March 31, 2003, 09:44 PM
The People's Republic of Dallas?
Dallas is where the East peters out and Ft. Worth is where the West begins.

JohnKSa
March 31, 2003, 10:06 PM
Welcome to TX!

Just be careful with your pistols until you get your CHL. TX handgun laws are surprisingly strict.

As mentioned, Dallas proper isn't exactly gun heaven (or any other kind of heaven for that matter.) That's what suburbs are for!

TechBrute
March 31, 2003, 10:31 PM
For those who worry...

I'll probably be living in Arlington. I was born in Dallas and went to UTA, so them's my old stompin' grounds. I'm aware of the surprisingly strict gun laws, but thanks for the reminder.;)

And yes, I will be counting the days until my 6 months hit.:D

WilderBill
April 1, 2003, 01:56 AM
Yes CZ, if yer if Fort Worth, then yer still in Texas. If yer in Dallas, you might be " back east". :rolleyes:

achadwick
April 1, 2003, 02:14 AM
Congrats, TechBrute! Free(er) at last! I'll still be suffering under the tyranny of the PPK :(

jem375
April 1, 2003, 10:59 AM
TechBrute......you could have picked a better place to live than Dallas............stay in the midwest where it is not so hot.......

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm outta here!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!