2nd Post....Smith In N. Texas

PDA

Racegun
March 30, 2003, 11:10 PM
:D

It is so necessary to advertise once in a while so I must do it now.....If you know about us then good.

Up till this last month my dear heart had a very good job for 23 years but he was building a part time hobby into something he could work at when he retired as a master class machinist/gunsmith in this local area. He does custom work, beautiful stiff.

The shoe dropped.......let go after 23 years.. bye, bye.. turn in the company car.. have a nice day!:cuss:

And so it went. But that is not the end of the story.:)

We have a full service gun repair/machine shop right here on the ready and it is the only one in Collin County, Texas. Our bluing is better than factory, the machining is perfect and you are welcome to visit........just call in advance.. OK?

Custom 1911s.......you will be amaized
!

If you enjoyed reading about "2nd Post....Smith In N. Texas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Yohan
March 30, 2003, 11:26 PM
Some pictures of your work would be nice :cool:

tawakoni
March 31, 2003, 12:13 AM
Gene Williams has been taking care of my 1911s and the various guns of several good friends for over two years. He does outstanding work. I couldn't be happier. I really like the man and recommend him highly.

Best.

tawakoni

Racegun
March 31, 2003, 10:16 AM
I would love to post pictures of his work but I still can't seem to get the hang of of the posting thing. Every time I try to do it I must be doing something wrong.

Your kind words are appreciated.

J Miller
March 31, 2003, 10:23 AM
How about: Phone number, address, email address, web site?.

How is he with DA S&W's, or does he just do 1911's?

Racegun
March 31, 2003, 11:02 AM
No website as of yet but you can contact him through e-mail, g.g.williams@mindspring.com

And he does lots of work on guns other than 1911s. One of his best jobs is muzzle breaks on AR-15s, hunting rifles etc. He can beat Wilson's turnaround time by two weeks.

He also does the nicest bluing, better than factory. Hardchroming? No problem. He has an inside track to the best hardchromer in the business.

synoptic
April 1, 2003, 12:55 PM
Here are some pics from Racegun... The pics and commentary are theirs, quoted directly from the email I got, I am just helping out with posting it all ;)

http://www.shsu.edu/~stdjmb21/images/caspian.jpg
"This is one of the latest do-overs to come out of Gene's shop. It is a Gold Cup updated in hardchrome, red optic front sight, Bo-Mar rear target sight and loaded with top quality parts all hand fitted. It is owned by a local fellow named Scot Boyko sboyko@ mail.com
I know he would he more than happy to send you a testimonial of Gene's work."

http://www.shsu.edu/~stdjmb21/images/dcp0127.jpg
"This is my personal carry gun, a very lightweight custom Caspian Commander in 45acp. Everything about this gun was done specifically to make it as light as possible for me to carry all day. The frame is Caspian aluminum, frame stainless, mag well is the Smith & Alexander slim style in aluminum also. It is a one of a kind."

If you enjoyed reading about "2nd Post....Smith In N. Texas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!