couple p38 comemorative questions

PDA

BadJohn
March 31, 2003, 12:41 AM
I have a chance to trade for a unfired 100 anniversary p-38 with a couple extra mags.First question is what's the approximate value of this and the second is if I fire it do I throw all value out the window?Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "couple p38 comemorative questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hypnogator
March 31, 2003, 01:12 AM
Wow! A 100th anniversary P-38! And here I thought we'd have to wait another, oh, 35 years or so to see one of those!:rolleyes:

BadJohn
March 31, 2003, 01:34 AM
That would be the 100th ann. of Walther to all you eye rollers out there!:rolleyes:

dfariswheel
March 31, 2003, 04:02 PM
The things that determine collectible value, besides rarity,
are unfired, unworn condition, completeness (the original box, papers, manual, etc), and the intangeable......demand.

Delete any one or more of those things, and value drops. Firing is a "biggy". Fire ONE shot, and collector's value takes a hit.

If you enjoyed reading about "couple p38 comemorative questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!