Stupid People : Front Line Report

PDA

sm
October 24, 2005, 06:59 PM
I went to the Grocery Store. Excuse me sir, do you have four quarters for a dollar? My son wants to ride the carousel...

Handsome young man wanted to ride the horses. Sure I have change, saves the mom from having to go inside the grocery store. The young man even said "thank you mister".

So as he goes around he is playing "cowboy", pointing his finger " and shooting the BGs behind him...seems he was being chased. :p

Hey, I understand, I was Three once and them BGs do come up from behind.

"That is totally unacceptable! How dare you raise a child that way!" "Guns are bad don't you know anything?'

I put out my cigarette, I was just taking in the kid having fun, shooting BGs, and observing a mom and son moment.

Mom replied -" None of YOUR business how I raise my son - now is it?"

Then Busybody got in my face, what are you doing robbing the cradle so young and having a child by a Communist?"

Oh Goody! I am now officially involved. :D

'Ma'am I usually am respectful of folks, in the event I forget my manners, I don't plan on apologizing, you understand?

"I just met this lady a few moments ago, she asked for change for a dollar. It makes no nevermind to me what Race, Creed, or anything else she is. She is a human being and she has rights. Furthermore it seems she is raising her kid just fine, letting him be a kid. He has that right too."

Mom interjects- " I am an American by birth, and Air Force Brat whose parents are American [Scotch- Irish father] and German on Moms' side. I am a Medical Doctor, in attendence for a few days for a conference, I do Orthopedic Surgery".

Hey, I'm impressed! I stick another quarter in , let the kid be a kid...

BusyBody- "I'm going to call the Police".

I suggest she just go inside and get store security, then again this store's Security Guards do carry sidearms. I had to mention that twice just for good measure and all. The Dr. had to turn to hide laughter...

Seems Busybody was in such a hurry to meddle, when she pulled up , she left her car door open, keys in ignition, and purse on seat, that is where her cell- phone was.

'Ma'am, as a Medical Professional, perhaps I should call a family member".

"What for?, Nobody is home today..." Busybody replies.

"Then perhaps I should call the Police, it is obvious you are not stable and off your meds. Not stable enough to be operating a car. To leave a vehicle with door open, keys in ignition, and purse for anyone to steal, is not very responsible now is it?". :D

Busy body " Then why don't you fuss at him [me] for smoking?"

Dr. "None of my damn business, besides I smoke sometimes myself after a long surgery...not all the time, but I do".

Kid is going around and around, he has gotten the BGs off "his tail", now he has to ride up ahead to find more BGs...

Busybody storms to her car, slams the door, and almost backs into a car passing behind her. Leaves the premises.

The kid gets another turn...

Dr. and I visit. Seems it is no big deal for her husband and son to come along on these conferences. Soon enough - with him getting older, attending school and all it will be more difficult.
Being an Air Force brat , she really appreciates family time, and being together.

Come to find out she and her husband shoot, live in a nearby state. Implied was CCW and recipriocostiy of respective states.

"You know in TX we can shoot folks at night stealing property. Maybe I need to get the legislation ball rolling to shoot folks being stupid and meddling in broad daylight." She said. We were laughing about our joke and attitudes.

We figured though a good idea, gonna take a lot of ammo in the beginning stages to get things sorted out.

Busybody dropped her grocery list we noticed. Mostly Frozen TV dinners with coupons...
Now that might be worth doing a study on to see the effects of TV dinners and Stupidty in Society.

"Mom...that lady was sick wasn't she?"

Who says a three year old is not observant?.

Steve

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid People : Front Line Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
October 24, 2005, 07:02 PM
:evil: :D :p

eagle45
October 24, 2005, 07:06 PM
I used to think nothing would surprise me anymore, but I have to admit this one did. Her stupidity is only exceeded by her rudeness. Ya done good. :D

dasmi
October 24, 2005, 07:09 PM
Why do people feel the need to be so damned rude?

Jubei
October 24, 2005, 07:15 PM
Ignorance is a lack of information,
Stupidity is a lack of intelligence.

Ignorance is cured by knowledge,
Stupidity is cured by a funeral.

More proof that Natural Selection is failing in the human race.

Jubei

KriegHund
October 24, 2005, 07:21 PM
Ignorance is a lack of information,
Stupidity is a lack of intelligence.

Ignorance is cured by knowledge,
Stupidity is cured by a funeral.

More proof that Natural Selection is failing in the human race.

Jubei

I like that.

Good to know that the anti-gun generation seems to be failing...i have my doubts at times, but this gives me hope yet again.

Larry Ashcraft
October 24, 2005, 07:27 PM
BusyBody- "I'm going to call the Police"
:D

ny32182
October 24, 2005, 07:31 PM
I don't get it... a bystander was going to call the police over a kid riding a pony machine in front of a grocery store? Isn't that what those are there for? :confused:

dasmi
October 24, 2005, 07:33 PM
No, busybody was going to call the police over our pal smoking, and the kid playing guns with his thumb and forefinger.

Larry Ashcraft
October 24, 2005, 07:34 PM
She was going to call the police because someone was raising a child in a way which she did not approve.

I don't know where these busybodies are coming from.

Steam dragon
October 24, 2005, 07:38 PM
I think the Doc was right. Torazine withdrawls.

or maybe rude B. was just drunk.

ny32182
October 24, 2005, 07:46 PM
No, busybody was going to call the police over our pal smoking, and the kid playing guns with his thumb and forefinger.

That would be just as outlandish as any other possible reason...

That person being on/off drugs is probably a real possibility... was "busybody" very old/infirm looking?

sm
October 24, 2005, 07:50 PM
Yep.
The kid was wielding NOT one but TWO of them mighty dangerous "point your finger" guns!
I mean them things ain't even got a gun locks! Somebody coulda' got kilt! :D

Dr. said it was really too bad her son didn't have on his Cowboy hat, twin six-shooters his cowboy lever action rifle slung...as he does down home.

Oh, them guns have Texas Ranger emblems, as does the long gun, and he has a badge too! Don't you be messing up in Texas -ya hear!

I mean Michael Moore would be doing a Bowling for Harvest Foods Movie next month. :eek: :uhoh: ;) :neener:

I mean a 3 pony carasouel. One pony that has seats you strap a kid into. Talk about safe! Even the Good Doctor was walking [ "riding mom, your riding"] with the kid, and I was near as well.

I spent Fifty cents on the kid getting to ride- because I wanted to.
I mean where else can fifty cents provide this much entertainment?

'Sides, not everyday I get to meet up with a Texas Ranger in these here parts....;)

Edit:

Busybody - late thirties/early forties.
I am 50.
Dr. has strong German features, attractive, sharp, personable. Does not look her age, no I won't say.
But yeah...I could see why it may have appeared I 'robbed the cradle'.

OMG...I was...I was Profiled!! :D

El T! We got us a case or what?? LOL!!

bytor94
October 24, 2005, 07:52 PM
I would have let her use my cell phone to call the cops.

Maybe they could see that she was irrantional and nearly unhinged, she could be a threat to society don't ya know. Lock her up for the good of all. :D

Tokugawa
October 24, 2005, 08:42 PM
sounds like the same lady (used loosely), who cut me off in traffic.....

Rupestris
October 24, 2005, 08:55 PM
Sad part is, She ran home and called everyone she knows to tell them how she was ganged up on by a bunch of gun nuts and had to run away because she feared for her life.:rolleyes:

It must absolutely suck to not remember your own childhood or what innocence or imagination is.
How do you go through life intentionally trying to quash all three!:cuss:

Thanks Steve.

geekWithA.45
October 24, 2005, 08:56 PM
Lemme get this straight: busybody accused you of consorting with communists?:what:

Did she think that letting little boys play with guns is a commie thing? Or did the woman look like a commie? (Anyone know what a commie looks like, anyway?)

Missashot
October 24, 2005, 09:01 PM
Wow! Sometimes people's rudeness and stupidity never ceases to amaze me.:what:
I commend you and the cowboy's mom for being able to maintain composure. :cool: I would probably go off on someone trying to tell me how to be a mother. If it were about the mom letting her child run wild or if the kid was doing something harmful, then I could understand it. But not wanting to let a little boy play cowboy is totally asinine.:banghead: That woman needs a hobby! (perhaps target shooting)?:evil:

kudu
October 24, 2005, 09:02 PM
:D Just blame Steve. :evil:

TrapperReady
October 24, 2005, 09:11 PM
You didn't happen to bring up the topic of "The 28 gauge is great for kids learning to shoot... and everyone else."?:D

FPrice
October 24, 2005, 09:18 PM
Very interesting post and great replies. May I have your permission to copy your post to another board which I frequent? I think they would be interested in what went on.

Thanks.

Hawkmoon
October 24, 2005, 09:30 PM
So, like ... where did Ms. Busybody get "communist" from? Is she trying to claim that the Lone Ranger and Roy Rogers were COMMIES? :eek:

MD_Willington
October 24, 2005, 10:08 PM
!Oh no!

Now "busy body" has to go home and hug all 30 of her cats (children)...and probably call her therapist...:what:

lol

MD

PS you're polite, I would have just told the woman to go to :evil:

sm
October 24, 2005, 10:10 PM
FPrice,
Yes sir, you have my persmission.

Trapper,
No mention of the 28 ga. I think this "Texas Ranger" would look best with a Model 97.
When he gets time from rounding up BGs, has time to respect quail, yeah then the 28 ga might be a good suggetion. He has other priorties at the moment you see. ;)

Seems he likes the Lone Ranger [ and other similar] Tapes Daddy used him for an excuse to get.
"Boy wants these tapes" - his daddy
<laugh> " Really? Hmm- at 4 wks old he seems to have other interests..." the mom.

Don't take this wrong, just the only way I know to describe the Dr. I am not being disrespectful.

She is very attractive, strong features, not petite, though small in stature. Has that strong bone structure, muscular , not "weight lifter" though. Dark hair, hazel eyes, Southern drawl...unique... very pleasant voice. Exudes confidence.

She is as we say in the south - damn fine healthy specimen of a Southern gal.
Kick butt and take names if push come to shove. Get it?

Her son, has her features. Real handsome, going to swoon the ladies...well he already does so says the Dr. His dad says he going to piss off the other guys from all the attention he will get.

Young man, has manners, even has a firm handshake!

Rangers just have a certain way about them - ya know? :p

I have no idea where the 'communist' came from. I mean this Dr. does appear to be from another country, but I just figured "European". There is an instructor at College that was born in Germany, has similar features. She too was an Air Force Brat.

Dr. was dressed in gray casual pants, blue oxford shirt, blue blazer. Typical 'doctoring' attire.
Kid; jeans, sweatshirt, tennis shoes. It was cool here today. So he had a gray zip open sweatshirt with hood.

Their car, a Taurus. Just like Larry and Sandy have...hell I know Larry and Sandy ain't communist. :p
Gotta wonder if the Taurus comes in another color though...all I see are these Tauruses in this color. Keep thinking Larry and Sandy come to visit.

<tacky mode on>

More I thought about BusyBody, probably raised in a household where the local gumbmint, schools , and such 'indoctrinated' her about certain ideals. Probably over at DU talking trash about a heathen mom, raised wrong kid and some tall lanky guy doing a James Dean lean and smoking a gawdawful cigarette polluting the air, killing trees and bunny wabbits. Made her so upset she missed Oprah, Dr Phil and forget to send a check to PETA.

</tacky>

FPrice
October 24, 2005, 11:17 PM
sm,

Thanks you. Here is the thread I posted it to:

http://northeastshooters.com/viewtopic.php?p=29841#29841

Larry Ashcraft
October 24, 2005, 11:35 PM
Gotta wonder if the Taurus comes in another color though
That's Sandy's "stealth car" Nobody notices those cars because they are everywhere. Only trouble is finding it in the parking lot in Tulsa. ;)

Shield529
October 24, 2005, 11:44 PM
I would have had a ball if I had been the officer that responded to a call like that.
After five minutes of blank and silent staring, and utter confusion, I would have went and purchased the young man a nice kids six shooter pack and a little hat just to watch the crazy ladys head explode.

sm
October 24, 2005, 11:59 PM
FPrice,
I appreciate the link, and as stated before, you are most welcome.

Larry,
You werent; supposed to tell off on me. I only went to the wrong car once ...I was playing Chauffer for your wife and her friend. I didn't even try the key in the door.
Not my fault a car exactly like yours parked next to yours. I noticed the seat was pulled up way to short for me to have driven that Taurus.

I'm not saying Larry is short or nothing, I mean we can be eyeball to eyeball, just takes Larry standing on the tailgate of my truck is all...:neener:

That reminds of the most stupid thing while we were in Tulsa. NO CCW in the restuarant that morning...well after the fat person moved from in front of NO CCW sign there wasn't *ahem*...
That evening eveyone had at least one gun in hand at the motel...in plain site, sharing, talking, admiring... I know some were concealed.

GunGoBoom
October 25, 2005, 12:04 AM
WHERE ARE YOU?

Brick
October 25, 2005, 12:09 AM
Nice job there sm...

You truely sir, are on the frontline of stupidity...

All yours,

Ablice

Geno
October 25, 2005, 12:15 AM
Thanks! I needed this laugh tonight!

Doc2005

sm
October 25, 2005, 12:56 AM
I'm in central Arkansas.

We gots a white trash trailer doing duty as a Prez Library, where the Security I'm told make TSA look like Boy Scouts.

Across the river from the white trash trailer is a Turkish submarine, named after a whale. Dat was money well spent...*ahem*

We top the list for bad stuff, and at the bottom of the list for good stuff.

We pay too much money for a State Computer system that don't work, throw more money at the system - all the while the old computers are for sale in a warehouse to the public with folks SSNs and other sensitive information on HDD.

We don't have a Hwy Dept , or Hwy system. Everyday the Hwy trucks go out with buckets, shovels and LOTS of Orange Barrels and move entrance and exit signs. We just dodge barrels, get stuck in traffic, behind wrecks, and the trick is to make it somewhere in one pc.
If you want to turn around because you missed your exit, you have to go to TX, OK, LA, TN or MO - them states have places to turn around, we don't.

Crooked Politicians we got, we have a shortage of pockets for them to steal from, the CP keep multiplying too fast.

You know how some folks send kids off to college out of state, and the kids come back to a job, make money, and all that?

Here Folks send kids out of state to attend college the kids stay gone and send for the parents later. Hard part is the waiting the parents have to do. Kinda lean at times with everyone pulling companies out - closing them. The kids work part time flipping burgers out of state, attending college- making more money than parents with education staying here with a "good job".

Guns we got, places to hunt and shoot too.

Granted it gets to be a bitch trying to dodge the gang fights, richochets, Flashing lights of LEO, EMTs and Fire trucks.

Most folks roll over in normal sleep. If I don't wake up at least twice each hour to the sounds of shots fired, or sirens...something is wrong. I often check my hardwood floor in the middle of the night under ambient light...doesn't everyone else?

And that was the good stuff - you don't want to know the bad.

CGofMP
October 25, 2005, 02:49 AM
I am wordless.. however a picture comes to my mind:

http://www.wealthwood.com/gifts/images/HHCC.jpg

Who says inanimate objects do not occasionally take human form....?

HI express
October 25, 2005, 03:25 AM
SM,
Looks like some of our loonies in California escaped to your home town.
Thought they all gravitated to our state.:cuss:

Waitone
October 25, 2005, 09:42 AM
'Ma'am I usually am respectful of folks, in the event I forget my manners, I don't plan on apologizing, you understand? :D <Copies into Personal Retort Catalogue>

entropy
October 25, 2005, 10:04 AM
You are far too kind, sm! I'm ROFLMAO just reading it, and it's a good thing I set my bottle of V8 down before I read it, or you'd owe me a new keyboard!:p I'd have been laughing at the busybody too hard to say what I'd really want to, which is "Put your tinfoil hat back on and grab another Haldol, honey, cause it's a long ride back to the sanitarium." :evil:

Very astute young man, your Texas ranger friend!:) I hope you mentioned THR to his mother.

Werewolf
October 25, 2005, 11:25 AM
SM told us all:I'm in central Arkansas. then regaled us with how horrible it is to live there...

:D M'thinks thou dost protest too much.

I read not too long ago that Arkansas has the fastest growing economy in the US.

Scaring off leftist, statist, sheep immigrants are we?

Ryder
October 25, 2005, 01:18 PM
Hilarious story there sm.

Only thing you forgot was to tell her to write her congressman. I usually can't resist that one on people who won't mind their own business. Shuts them up in a hurry... Or maybe it's just the way I say it? Hehe :fire:

sm
October 25, 2005, 03:21 PM
I read not too long ago that Arkansas has the fastest growing economy in the US.
If you are a crooked Politician perhaps.

Picture me in khaki's with a sharp creases, cordovan penney loafers are shined to a spit polish,long sleeve, button down collar blue oxford shirt is crisp, my tie is striped and the knot is impeccable, accented by a blue blazer. I'm clean, neat, hair combed, teeth brushed and moustache is trimmed.

I arrived early to two interviews, I even used my own Waterman Pen to fill out some paperwork.

I am overqualified, I look too Professional [ :uhoh: :eek:] I might "intimidate" the younger persons in charge, I am currently enrolled in college, I have years of "living" and "work experience in security sensitive areas and stress related occupations". Oh and according to my Resume' [ on the desk face down] "I am a free thinker and do not require supervison in my work."

The fact they are laying off folks at both these places I find out probably has nothing to do with not hiring me I suppose.
Amazing what you find out when you mosey to the smoking area and just visit with employees.

I also learned something, you folks with blue trucks pay attention: " Did you arrive in a blue truck, washed, waxed and in clean appearance?'
"Yes ma'am , as a matter I fact ...".

"Folks with blue vehicles and that keep them clean are known to be too independent, and resourceful..."

I must have missed that in Sociology, and Psychology , first time I have heard that!

I knew 2 of my classmates were being laid off, big companies pulling down big money, email checked a second ago, add two more.

So feeling a bit let down and all, I go to a parts store. All I wanted was Brakleen to clean a gun.

"Sir ( I look around, oh great, he is talking to me) you do not want that CRC Brakleen."
"May I ask why I don't?"
"Because you have drum brakes on the rear of your truck"
"I know that, I do have disc on the front"
"No you don't"
"Yes I do"
"No you don't - listen I am a parts associateI just finished a 8 hour class".
"Wanna bet?"
<looks around, arms folded, smug look>
"Sure".
"If I have discs on the front , drum on the rear, I get two cans of this CRC Brakleen and a 20oz Coke - If I don't, I will pay you double of what these are worth".

Outside we go , me all dressed nice and all...
He get onto the ground and looks...$%&)#

So as he hands me my FREE CRC and 20oz Coke..." what are you going to do with this stuff anyway?"

"I am going to clean guns"

<hands to face, jaw drops> OMG!

I think next time I go to a job interview,I'll wear faded jeans, my old tennis shoes, wrinkled shirt. I am going to carve a big "W" on a bench and humm Alice's Resturant and yell out from time to time " I wanna kill".

Probably be offered a CEO position -

Just my luck I'd be offered the head of AR Democratic Party with an office in the white trash trailer with a view of a Turkish submarine.

I ever mention I put myself up for adoption? Please send photos of Quail, shotguns, trucks and farm fishing ponds. Prefer TX, AZ, CO...will leave options open for other states tho'.

Havegunjoe
October 25, 2005, 04:02 PM
At one campground we went to we saw a couple little boys playing cowboys. :) They had real capguns and caps. :what: It was great to see. Reminded me of my youth. Man, kids are missing a lot these days. :(

Omaha-BeenGlockin
October 25, 2005, 04:26 PM
Just think what would happen if she caught sight of a little exposed leather from a CCW holster or the clip hanging out from a tactical folder----maybe she'd go into a massive fit and have a heart attack right there on the sidewalk.

And do us all a big favor.:D

Fred Fuller
October 26, 2005, 12:10 AM
Steve,

You have got to be some sort of magnet.

WHAT sort of magnet I don't know... trouble maybe?

8^)

lpl/nc

lbmii
October 27, 2005, 01:01 AM
So did the boy ever escape from the bad guys?

Concerning jobs in Arkansas: What is your major in? You might need to come on up to the Kansas side of Kansas City in Johnson County Kansas and try your luck in finding a job. I ran into all sorts of BS when I tried to get a job in northwestern Arkansas and southwestern Missouri.

Phyphor
October 27, 2005, 03:11 AM
I remember waaaay back when I was 4 or 5 or so, strapping on my cap 6 shooter and blasting BGs in my back yard. Nobody on the block looked twice at me.

Now, they'd probably call the cops.
:cuss: :fire: :what:

RobW
October 27, 2005, 08:03 PM
I am ABSOLUTELY convinced, that there is a virus out there, liquifying people's brains. Only affects heartbleeding "liberals".

As a figure-skater gets faster and faster in a pirouette, the incompetence in this country that was once America has piled up with ever increasing speed in the last 10 years. :banghead:

CAS700850
October 28, 2005, 11:26 AM
My day started bad. My three year old son, not really awake yet, "tinkled" on my foot. The parking brake on my car seized up, and it took an hour to get it to release (with the much appreciated help of the "I can fix anything" neighbor). I get to work late to learn that the boss was looking for me, and one of my big cases is going to hell in a handbasket, which is why the boss was looking for me...

And now, I've got a smile on my face, picturing sm and the Doc very gently pushing this idiot to the breaking point by simply telling her the truth.

Thanks for making the day better, sm. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid People : Front Line Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!