multiple Emails from the same thread

PDA

jsalcedo
March 31, 2003, 12:43 PM
I'm usually suscribed to 2 or 3 threads at any given time.

If I leave for the day and come back I get a new Email for each
reply sometimes I have 15 emails for 2 suscribed threads.

Its just a minor inconvenience but I would like to fix it if I can

Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "multiple Emails from the same thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pax
March 31, 2003, 06:08 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like it could be some kind of cookie problem. Try clearing your cache and see if that fixes it. Also, it might help to hit the 'log out' button when you leave the site.

pax

There are two ways of constructing a software design; one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult. -- C. A. R. Hoare

Hkmp5sd
March 31, 2003, 06:43 PM
I believe you get an email for each new reply to a subscribed thread. Did the number of email notices for a thread match the number of replies to that thread since the last time you viewed it? Then again, maybe not. Just a guess.

TheBluesMan
March 31, 2003, 10:16 PM
Hkmp5sd - Good guess. :) Right on the mark, in fact! When you subscribe to a thread, you get an email *every time* someone replies to it. If all those emails get too annoying, I would suggest that you don't subscribe to threads anymore. Just bookmark them instead and check them out once a day.

HTH! :)

-Dave

pax
April 1, 2003, 01:36 PM
Blues,

Been awhile since I subscribed to a thread, but IIRC, the last notification I got included something like, "There may be other replies, but we won't send another notice until after you've logged in and visited the site again."

Have I lost my mind?

pax

jsalcedo
April 1, 2003, 03:01 PM
Yeah thats what it says.

I think when I am viewing THR I get more than one Email per thread.

I deleted all my cookies and it has helped some.

Thanks all for the responses

Mal H
April 1, 2003, 06:41 PM
"I think when I am viewing THR I get more than one Email per thread."

I think that's the key, jsalcedo. I tried an experiment and subscribed to an active thread and noted the number of existing responses. While I was online, I got 4 emails, one for each new response added. While offline, I only got one email even though several more responses were added in my absence.

If you enjoyed reading about "multiple Emails from the same thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!