Scope mount problems

PDA

redneck2
October 25, 2005, 06:00 AM
I've got a 1" scope on my Rem 870. When I shoot slugs, the scope moves maybe 1/8" each shot. Has Weaver mounts. I use 3" copper solids so recoil is "substantial". The screws are as tight as I can turn them without stripping.

Any way to keep it from moving? Hate to invest in a whole new set-up if I can get this to work

If you enjoyed reading about "Scope mount problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
USSR
October 25, 2005, 07:11 AM
redneck2,

Assuming you've got a Weaver base/ring setup, I would suggest going to the Burris Signature Zee rings. These rings have the plastic inserts in them which won't mar your scope, and they hold the scope very securely. I've got this setup on my 12 gauge Remington 1100, and I have no problem with scope slippage.

Don

f4t9r
October 25, 2005, 06:24 PM
I would agree go to a higher quality ring and use blue loctite on screws
that way you can still get it of if you have to

Chawbaccer
October 25, 2005, 07:00 PM
Don't stop at the screws with Loctite, do the insides of the rings where they contact the scope. Some guys will line the rings with fine sandpaper.

Marshall
October 25, 2005, 07:35 PM
Weld it. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Scope mount problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!