Identify this Rifle ?

PDA

Badger Arms
March 31, 2003, 02:09 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that this is NOT a rifle but a toy of some sort. You be the judge. If it is an AK, please identify its origin. Looks a little chinese by the bayonet. Notice something strange about the bayonet?

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=201489

If you enjoyed reading about "Identify this Rifle ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FPrice
March 31, 2003, 02:16 PM
I have a hunch it is a real weapon but I'll be goll-darned if I can figure out just what it is! Some AK-74 variant maybe? I can't wait for an expert to join in and let us know.

cratz2
March 31, 2003, 02:39 PM
I don't know about the rifle but those are without a doubt the least attractive hands I've seen in some time... she should spend less time with that AK and more time soaking in Palmolive, like Madge. ;)

gun-fucious
March 31, 2003, 02:44 PM
i see 3 screw holes joining the faux magazine shells together

"where do they get such cool toys?"

Soap
March 31, 2003, 02:59 PM
Which Muslim country allows women to possess arms?

I'm voting: "Toy."

SDC
March 31, 2003, 04:08 PM
It looks to me like a cheapy "airsoft"-type replica; the screw-holes holding the forearm and pistol-grip together are one clue, the screws holding the mag together are another, and the fact that the "blade" of the bayonet has snapped off is a third. If this WAS an AK, it'd be in 7.62x39mm, because of the shape of the mag.

Triad
March 31, 2003, 04:50 PM
I think it's a toy. There are plenty of screws holding the thing together, plus it just looks like it's made entirely out of plastic.

Archie
March 31, 2003, 04:52 PM
remind me of the "training" (deactivated) weapons at the Federal Academy.

My vote is for non-shooter of some kind.

bastiat
April 1, 2003, 03:09 AM
I'm voting for toy as well, unless it's in some caliber other than 7.62 x 39 or 5.45 x 39. Look depth of the mag compared to the size of the grip, the gun, and the woman's hands. It looks like it's about 60-70% of the size of any ak mag I've seen.

Tamara
April 1, 2003, 04:04 PM
Toy.

Bottom Gun
April 1, 2003, 04:25 PM
I think the person holding it is Bin Laden in disguise. ;)

cool45auto
April 1, 2003, 04:37 PM
The part he/she/it is holding in the left hand looks like it pumps or something like on a squirt gun.

RustyHammer
April 1, 2003, 05:17 PM
Note: At least her/his/it's finger is OFF OF THE TRIGGER! :D :p ;)

gun-fucious
April 1, 2003, 05:50 PM
hows 'bout these lil darlings:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20030330/capt.sge.qcj28.310303051628.photo01.default-257x384.jpg

Frohickey
April 1, 2003, 06:12 PM
Looks like a toy to me.
The top red forearm, and the bottom red forearm are not aligned. Looks like a shotgun-esque cocking toy.

Feanaro
April 1, 2003, 10:26 PM
I doubt it's an Airsoft, I've seen several and they look different.

It looks like a toy of some sort as others said, based of the AK-47. Not the 74, the mag for that is shaped differently. That little label on the side is suspect too...

Badger Arms
April 1, 2003, 11:30 PM
Wow, lots of responses. My wife suggested I post this. I have been seeing pictures of these ladies? with guns being posted all over the place but only recently started looking closely at the pictures. I was commenting to my wife that this lady wasn't holding the gun right, and... oh, wow, who made that AK anyhow? I was sure it was a toy, but it did take a little closer look.

Looks for sure like the Iraqi's don't trust their women with guns. Funnier yet is the fact that the Media would definitely think it's real and even say so in the caption.

gun-fucious
April 2, 2003, 01:06 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030319/capt.1048060012.indonesia_antiwar_iraq_jak106.jpg
Wed Mar 19, 2:46 AM ET

An Indonesian Muslim protester points his toy gun to Ronald McDonald during an anti-war demonstration at a McDonald's restaurant in Jakarta, Wednesday, March 19, 2003. Muslims in Indonesia - the world's most populous Islamic nation - warned that a war in Iraq (news - web sites) could cause more terrorist attacks across the world. (AP Photo/Ade Irn)

http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?c=news_photos&p=toy+gun

heres the AP caption for the picture at the top:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030330/170/3nwqj.html

A Pakistani woman holds a mock gun during a rally against war in Iraq (news - web sites) in Baluchistan provincial capital of Quetta on March 30, 2003. Iraq vowed to step up suicide attacks and said more than 4,000 Arabs had come to Iraq ready to 'martyr' themselves to defeat a U.S.-led invasion. 'The martyrdom attacks by the sons of Iraq and by the armed forces have just begun,' military spokesman Hazim al-Rawi told a news conference one day after a suicide bombing at a U.S. checkpoint. Photo by Str/Pakistan/Reuters

heres a Pakistani double fingered trigger death clench:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030304/170/3exio.html

Ebbtide
April 2, 2003, 10:42 AM
To bad we don't get to see the next frame where Ronald bitch slaps him.:D

eXe
April 3, 2003, 05:38 PM
I blew the pic up a bit and sharpened it up some, Looks like a toy to me. Take a look

12-34hom
April 3, 2003, 05:42 PM
Ehenz, That was good for a chortle or two.........;)

12-34hom.

Labinnac
April 3, 2003, 06:11 PM
I got a toy pistol at home that has the same tell tale screw holes for holding the 2 halves toether. Along the middle of the mag and at strategic points along the forestock and grip.

This is the culmination of my years of experience as a design engineer specializing in plastic stuff. Mom will be so proud!

Yeah, yeah, definitely a toy, not a real AK, yeah yeah...

MLC
April 3, 2003, 10:53 PM
The best part is what looks like a scraped off price sticker above the magazine. The rear of the receiver where the stock would attach is exactly like a toy AK I had as a kid (when toy guns were A OK), the plastic stock was glued onto that extended peg. I'd imagine it is the type with the cog and plastic strip noisemaker to simulate full auto chatter.

BusMaster007
April 3, 2003, 11:18 PM
There's 'someone' who rides the Buses that I drive who dresses that way.
It's reputedly a 'she'.
How would anyone know?

If 'she' got on my Bus with a toy AK, I'd probably lose my job for taking her out, er, uh, I mean, kicking her off the coach, ahem, I mean, 'requesting that she deboard'.

PC has so infested this land that we've got people riding around with face covers on that could be anyone from day to day and we wouldn't know it.
Maybe I should drive with a mask on and see how that goes over?

And, yes, those hands are ugly enough to be a man's! :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Identify this Rifle ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!