Norinco AK47

PDA

fvf
October 26, 2005, 08:22 PM
Here in the Philippines they are selling the China made Norinco AK47. Is is the select fire version w/ full auto capability. It is the folding stock model and comes w/ 3 steel magazines.

Can I have your comments on this rifle.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Norinco AK47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Solo
October 26, 2005, 08:25 PM
I'd buy it...

garrett1955
October 26, 2005, 08:50 PM
Buy! Buy! Buy!

possum
October 26, 2005, 09:12 PM
i have one I have shot 1200 rds through. It is awesome! i had some problems extracting the other day but i figured out that it was the ammo, a few bad rds not the weapon. It shoots 2" and below, group sizes that is at 100yds. i love it and it is cheap to shoot.

TrafficMan
October 26, 2005, 10:11 PM
:what:

get it dude!

PAC 762
October 26, 2005, 10:40 PM
I'm moving to the Philippines! :D

fvf
October 27, 2005, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

I have heard the Russian made AK47s are better built.

I have been told to also look at the Israeli made Galil which is supposed to be an improved AK in design.

c_yeager
October 27, 2005, 05:27 AM
Some would argue that the Chinese AKs are among the best that the world has to offer due to using a slightly thicker reciever than most others (1.4mm vs 1.0mm IIRC). I own an older civilian (non Full Auto) version and have found it to be an excellent weapon.

benEzra
October 27, 2005, 07:55 AM
I've fired a friend's Norinco-made MAK-90 (non-automatic AK lookalike made for the U.S. civilian market) and the fit and finish was quite good, as I recall.

BTR
October 27, 2005, 10:18 AM
Out of curiosity, about how many american dollars does it amount to?

Moonclip
October 27, 2005, 05:14 PM
Yes, please tell us the price in USD and how one would obtain one. And is the caliber 7.62x39?

I thought ordinary Philippine citizens could not own most if any centerfire rifles let alone a full auto AK47. Are you involved in law enforcement or military? And I was under the impression that Armalite patterns were more common and obtainable over there.

wallysparx
October 27, 2005, 05:33 PM
Yes, please tell us the price in USD and how one would obtain one. And is the caliber 7.62x39?

I thought ordinary Philippine citizens could not own most if any centerfire rifles let alone a full auto AK47. Are you involved in law enforcement or military? And I was under the impression that Armalite patterns were more common and obtainable over there.
nope, the only restriction is that of your wallet. also, non-citizens can't purchase guns. japanese tourists go there all the time for gun tours, though i'm not sure if they rent guns or make straw purchases and leave them with someone over there.

also, if you're lucky enough to be the child of a rich politician, you can also shoot targets of the 2 legged variety for the right price!

possum
October 27, 2005, 06:20 PM
sounds like something the sons of a certain dictator would do! On thier private hunting refuge!

fvf
October 27, 2005, 09:06 PM
BTR

Its priced around $805 and additional $134 for licensing.

Moonclip

Yes it is the 7.62 x 39mm version. The local gun store also stocks bullets for clients.

Yes, large bore calibers are not offered to civilians, but there are periods when an amnesty is held and you can have them registered to you.

I think they should just revise the rule bcoz its better for law-abbiding citizens to be given the right to register the firearm that "bad" guys have access to. I think the American 2nd amendment in their constitution is a test of freedom of rights. Something we still have to enjoy here.

No I am not in law enforcement or connected to "powerful" individual.

Am just a law-abbiding citizen trying to survice. Also got into firearms when I needed one for personal protection and wanted to be responsible enough to know how to use one properly.

I also have some 9mm pistols and a mossberg pump shotgun.

Am in the process of acquiring a benelli M1 Super90 based on the feedback I have read on the shotgun forum side.

Thanks guys for your comments

Commissar Gribb
October 28, 2005, 03:10 AM
AK's often get a bad rap as being a gun that "the bad guy" uses. AKs make great self defense weapons though IMO.

A) they're great up close in "self defense range"
B) 7.62 x 39 soviet trumps most pistol calibers for power
C) folding stocks make them pretty compact.
D) they're very simple and most of them are very reliable.
E) mags and ammo are very cheap (here in the states anyhow)

also, if you're lucky enough to be the child of a rich politician, you can also shoot targets of the 2 legged variety for the right price!

hey! that's true in the states also! Except you dont need to be the child of a rich politician- you just need a windbreaker with "ATF" on the back!

clange
October 28, 2005, 05:19 AM
Well everyone in the US, short of machine gun dealers, DREAM about getting a full auto AK at that price, so everyone will say buy it, including me! A full auto AK here, for normal citizens to own, costs as much as a nice car ($20,000+).

fvf
November 2, 2005, 03:44 AM
clange

Wow didn't realize they were that expensive over there.

During the last gunshow over here, I was interested in the Galil SAR (14 inch barrel) version. It was twice the price of the Norinco AK47 and also used 5.56mm ammo instead of the AK's 7.62x39mm ammo.

I have picked up the interest on the 7.62x39mm ammo because of the differences of opinion on the success or failure of the 5.56mm. Also because the 7.62x39mm is now available here together w/ the AK47.

If you enjoyed reading about "Norinco AK47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!