"Incoming Mail" at my gunclub

PDA

hansolo
January 2, 2003, 12:13 AM
After reading Carbon_15's post, I had to tell my "adventure":
This morning, I'm at my favorite outdoor handgun lane at my local gunclub. The layout(bird's eye view)is like a triangle...the last lane that I'm in is top of triangle...rifle range benches are lower right point. I hear what I believe is bullets directly over my head...I know that sound plays tricks, so I stop shooting and drive over to rifle range. Two fellows are shooting targets set up at far left of rifle range....roughly the direction of the range I was just inhabiting:what: I explain that I almost filled my Levis and would they mind aiming more to the right. They are apologetic; offer to let me try their M1, Mauser and SA .45 Milspec...:D I appreciate that they a making nice and decide, I gotta start going to the meetings!

I now have a taste of what being in Combat is like...and I don't like it!

Happy SAFE New Year!

If you enjoyed reading about ""Incoming Mail" at my gunclub" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 2, 2003, 12:48 AM
Awfully nice of them to let you try out the rifles they almost killed you with. It is past belief. Yes! It certainly is. I would have had unkind and unecessarilyrude language to share with them.

Sorry really is a mute point when you have one through the lungs.

hansolo
January 2, 2003, 01:32 AM
LOL! Well, I have to admit that, as I was ducking for cover, lest I be turned into ground meat, I was pretty upset...but after I calmly confronted these fellows, they seemed to honestly be as surprised as I...and were more than apologetic. I really have to bring this up at the next meeting!:rolleyes:

PATH
January 2, 2003, 01:37 AM
hansolo,

The important thing is you are in one piece. Please let us know how this turns out.

PATH

sm
January 2, 2003, 01:47 AM
Glad your OK. Took good effort to restrain, give 4 rules, let them save face...to a point. Yep be a good pointto present at next meeting.

chaim
January 2, 2003, 07:34 AM
Yipes:what: . So were they being reckless or was it simply a poor design/layout of the ranges and they didn't (couldn't) see you? Good thing you didn't return fire:evil: .

chaim
January 2, 2003, 07:36 AM
Oh yeah, one more thing. How'd you like those rifles and the SA? That is when you were shooting them of course:neener: .

If you enjoyed reading about ""Incoming Mail" at my gunclub" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!