Price Check: Winchester 'Ranger'

PDA

priv8ter
March 31, 2003, 04:06 PM
Big Five, a local chain of sporting goods stores, has several of these lever-action rifles for sale for $300 even. I am really interested in picking up a lever-action gun in .357, and this seems like a fairly cost efficient option.

Is $300 a fair price, and if it is a fair price, are the guns decent?

Greg

If you enjoyed reading about "Price Check: Winchester 'Ranger'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cratz2
March 31, 2003, 05:59 PM
That's what they sell for at our local sporting goods store. Never checked in a good gunshop but that's probably ballpark.

I think I saw a seller on gunbroker selling them for a little over $200 but just checked and didn't see anything. Plus you'll have shipping and probably have to pay for the transfer.

cratz2
March 31, 2003, 06:02 PM
My bad... it was that 3zzz guy. Price is $250 so I'd probably go for the local deal.

bad_dad_brad
March 31, 2003, 08:16 PM
I paid $309 for a .30-30 Win 94 Ranger. I suppose I paid a little bit more than I could have, but I am an impulse buyer, it was in my hands, and so . . .

It is a sweet rifle. You can't go wrong.

VictorLouis
April 1, 2003, 06:18 PM
at that price.:)

Tom B
April 2, 2003, 07:44 PM
Wait a couple more months for the tang mounted safety models to come out. IMO much better overall. Also check out the walnut models before you buy the Ranger. You might change your mind!:what:

diyj98
April 3, 2003, 01:13 PM
Current wholesale is around $259.00, so $300.00 is a good price.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price Check: Winchester 'Ranger'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!