Uncle Mike's Kydex

PDA

Gillster
October 27, 2005, 03:02 PM
Guess I'll have to take it back. I just purchased an Uncle Mikes Kydex holster for a Springfield XD. As you can see from the attached scan, unless I am an LEO they don't want me holster a firearm in a ready to fire condition so back it goes. Is this some kind of liability thing for them??

For some reason I can't attach the scan so here is a quote from thje included instructions:" Non-law enforcement personnel should never attempt to holster or carry a sidearm in an Uncle Mike's Kydex Holster in a ready-to-fire condition"

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncle Mike's Kydex" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pilgrim
October 27, 2005, 03:19 PM
" Non-law enforcement personnel should never attempt to holster or carry a sidearm in an Uncle Mike's Kydex Holster in a ready-to-fire condition"
I don't remember such a warning coming with my Uncle Mike's Kydex for my 1911 pistol. If I had noticed one, I don't think it would have influenced me one way or the other with regards to keeping it or returning it.

Pilgrim

roo_ster
October 27, 2005, 03:28 PM
Sounds like lawyer/liability talk.

My UM plastic fantastic works just as well for me, LEOs, & with the firearm loaded or not.

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncle Mike's Kydex" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!