Opinions of Para CCO (Companion Carry Option)

PDA

FunYet
October 30, 2005, 08:54 AM
I've already done a search on this handgun, and there are some general posts about Para. Looking for additional information.

I have a new Para CCO coming to me in trade for some of the locker-lurking handguns that I rarely shot. The trade is a done deal. I'm looking for advice, words of wisdom, etc. from owners of the Para CCO regarding break-in, ammo, maintenance, and holsters. I've read good things about this gun and bad. Seems typical of many guns. Hopefully I got one that goes in the "good" column. I like the look and feel of the gun, and quite honestly, I chose it because it's different.

Thanks in advance

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions of Para CCO (Companion Carry Option)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Marshall
October 30, 2005, 10:01 AM
Don't know but I would sure as heck like to have one! Let us know how you like it. Congrats!

FunYet
October 30, 2005, 01:59 PM
...and gave the new gun a try. Very accurate. Very controlable. Worked fine through the first 2 magazines then FTF on the first round of every magazine thereafter. After the first round it fed fine. Tried several different types of ammo and tried downloading the magazines. Bummer. I'll contact Para to see what they say.

wally
October 30, 2005, 05:08 PM
Widebody or single stack model?

My "hicap" .45s (from Para, Kimber, & SA) are great range guns but IMHO none are really reliable enough for carry because of mag issues -- sensitivity to dirt/fouling and short mag spring life.

My gut instincts on sub-compact guns is why would anyone let one go if it worked?

--wally.

egnash
October 30, 2005, 08:32 PM
I don't know about the CCO but I'm carrying a C6.45 LDA verily as we speak. I got it used in a trade, also.

First thing I did with it is shoot about 60 rounds of mix-and-match ammo through it. I also used both of the 6 round mags that came with it and several of the 7 & 8 round mags I have for other 1911's. Not a problem!

It ate everything I had on hand. From 185gr semiwadcutters to JHP of various weights to 230gr FMJ. All mixed up in the magazines.

Since then I have run about 1500 rounds through it and it always goes bang into about 4 inches at 25 yards (when I do my part).

Other people have shot it and some have tried to buy it. No deal, it stays with me.

Better luck on yours...

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions of Para CCO (Companion Carry Option)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!