Insomnia

PDA

CAnnoneer
November 4, 2005, 02:20 PM
More recently, I finally saw Insomnia. Not too bad, but the gun thing really irritated me:

1) Am I wrong to believe the shell they waved around and passed as a 9mm was actually a .45acp?

2) Since when the Walther is 9mm? The modern ones are .380 acp, AFAIK.

:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Insomnia" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nbkky71
November 4, 2005, 02:56 PM
Pretty good movie. Robin Williams can really pull off the evil-dude role really well.

The Walther PP/PPK series is chambered for the .380 round. However, this caliber is also known as the 9mm kurz (9mm short). I believe that they were originally chambered in 7.65mm/.32 cal

More recently, I finally saw Insomnia. Not too bad, but the gun thing really irritated me:

1) Am I wrong to believe the shell they waved around and passed as a 9mm was actually a .45acp?

2) Since when the Walther is 9mm? The modern ones are .380 acp, AFAIK.

:confused:

TonyB
November 4, 2005, 04:40 PM
I liked the fact that Hilary Swank used a 1911......chicks with guns and all that.....good shoot out at the end too....

PCRCCW
November 4, 2005, 06:00 PM
My wife caught the Walther 9mm thing too..........but only after she saw the little PP/PPK. It is a 9mm..........just not a luger. Oh well..........
Shoot well............good flick.

Black Majik
November 5, 2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks CAnonneer for starting this thread. I actually have a question regarding this movie also.

What is Al Pacino's gun? At first it looked like a blued 1911, with a non-serrated flat topstrap. But then When he points the gun at Robin Williams, theres a safety on the slide. So, I'm thinking some sort of full-size S&W autoloader. Any ideas what it is?

I enjoyed the pistol, they did goof pretty good with the 9mm casing thing.

BluesBear
November 5, 2005, 06:38 PM
S&W 745 or 945 perhaps?

If you enjoyed reading about "Insomnia" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!