Help identify hearing protectors

PDA

Blackhawk
January 2, 2003, 01:19 AM
I saw a pair of earmuff style hearing protectors at the range that looked very interesting, but I haven't been able to find out who makes them.

The headband went around the back of his head instead of over the top.

They seemed to stay on pretty well because the guy was practicing his IDPA routines with the requisite hopping around a lot.

They were probably electronic, if that's a clue.

What intrigued me was that he could drop them down to his neck and put them back on without disturbing his hat.

Anybody got any ideas about what brand they might be?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help identify hearing protectors" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 2, 2003, 01:46 AM
I think this might be difficult without a picture of some sort.

Blackhawk
January 2, 2003, 01:58 AM
Imagine a pair of electronic earmuff type hearing protectors with the over-the-top-of-the-head band that connects each muff and also provides spring tension to keep each muff tight against the side of your head.

Now imagine the band rotated 90 degrees toward the back of the head so the top of each muff is connected to the band but instead of the band going up over the top of the head, it goes around the back.

Seems like it wouldn't work very well in keeping the muffs in place, but this guy's worked great!

=======================

I didn't have a camera that day, but even if I did, walking up to a guy with a .45 who seemed to be a great shot and saying "Excuse me, I just want to get a picture of your hearing protection on your head" isn't really something I'd think of doing. :D

Skunkabilly
January 2, 2003, 02:07 AM
I seen them but don't know the make, next time I will ask!

Blackhawk
January 2, 2003, 03:08 AM
Thanks to Skunk saying he HAD seen some, I looked again. I found an example at http://www.howardleight.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/HLSite.woa/wa/product?key=qm23 but the ones the guy was wearing were more compact. These are only NRR 23dB and the Leightnings I have are NRR 31dB.

Arcane
January 2, 2003, 04:00 AM
Did they look like these? http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/157547

Blackhawk
January 2, 2003, 11:16 AM
They sure did, Arcane! :neener: :neener:

Thanks! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Help identify hearing protectors" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!