Night Vision Weapons in Iraq, Priceless.

PDA

DeltaElite
April 2, 2003, 11:03 AM
This is a priceless photo. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Night Vision Weapons in Iraq, Priceless." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
buzz_knox
April 2, 2003, 11:29 AM
Cool. But I didnt' know our snipers were still being issued M-1Cs or Ds. ;)

foghornl
April 2, 2003, 11:37 AM
Ya gotta love it.

But do our snipers use a variant of the M-1 Garand ? ? ? ?

If so, thats still cool.....

DeltaElite
April 2, 2003, 11:54 AM
I noticed that also, I didn't make it, I borrowed it from www.strangecosmos.com
Awesome website and he hates the anti war crowd also. :D

4v50 Gary
April 2, 2003, 05:22 PM
We've got some former snipers here at THR (there's a thread in the Rifle Forum) and they report that in the 80s they were training with M-1Ds.

Slotback
April 2, 2003, 09:04 PM
Cool pic.

Grin&Barrett
April 3, 2003, 03:59 PM
Comforting to know we are taking down Iraq faster than Janet Reno could take down the Davidians.

JamisJockey
April 3, 2003, 04:03 PM
Looks like a stock photo to me. I don't believe the US uses M1's....

Blackhawk
April 3, 2003, 04:18 PM
Nitpicking aside, it's a great message! :D

Combat-wombat
April 5, 2003, 03:19 AM
That was probably an M-1A or M-14. I saw a clip on the news and I saw a soldier with one. Not good modern combat rifles, but I think they're being used as snipers in Iraq. They fit the niche of the military's sniper rifle pretty well, i think

Feanaro
April 5, 2003, 04:19 AM
I've seen several M21/M25 rifles(M14s with scopes and some other adjustments) and I don't think the scopes were placed like that. Could be wrong.

Detritus
April 5, 2003, 04:23 AM
i'm betting not even of military origin (for the pic that is)

the gun IS a Garand with a side mount scope. it may or may not be a legit C model (D's have a distictive flash suppressor, gun in pic is without ANY flash hider, thus not an M-14/21 variant either) . so many fake "Sniper" garands were garage gunsmithed up using a standard unaccurized M-1s and surplus scopes and mount kits, that it's become hard to tell genuine from "franken-sniper".

80fl
April 5, 2003, 08:08 AM
Excuse me Mr. Wombat, but in reference to the other thread running, did you really mean to say magazine? :D

I saw a clip on the news

Combat-wombat
April 5, 2003, 02:03 PM
I meant news clip. A short clip of VIDEO from Iraq on which a soldier was carrying an M1A/M14.

MitchSchaft
April 5, 2003, 05:03 PM
USMC mainly uses modified Rem 700's.

If you enjoyed reading about "Night Vision Weapons in Iraq, Priceless." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!