Bow Fishing !

PDA

Carlos Cabeza
April 2, 2003, 12:33 PM
Hey All, There is a bowfishing tournament at lake Texoma this weekend (Sat.) Should be a HOOT ! Anyone else like to do this type of hunting:D ...... I have recently taken up the sport. Could anyone tell me what species of fish I would lkely be taking at lake Texoma ? So far I have only taken medium sized catfish and some
buffalo ? carp at some other area lakes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bow Fishing !" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kingcreek
April 15, 2003, 01:29 AM
Haven't done it in awhile. Had alot of fun and great practice for instinctive shooting. Shot many a carp in farm drainage ditches but never ate em cause of the chemical runoff. Just took em home and buried em in the garden for fertilizer. I used to rig a safety harness and shoot under bridges. Most fun I ever had was shooting longnose or aligator gar. Some of the big ones will give you a wild ride.
Dont know anything about your lake.

Steve Smith
April 16, 2003, 01:58 PM
Those arrows work really well with a nightcrawler on them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bow Fishing !" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!