Need help with some measurements

PDA

Flashman
April 2, 2003, 08:52 PM
There have been several recent articles discussing proper handgun fit particularly in light of Tacoma PD's selection of a Kimber 1911 variant. Their selection process was quite interesting. Using a variantion of their measurement technique I have measured the circumference of a Ruger P-95 and GP-100 using a sewing tape (I forgot what they are called) around the trigger across the back of the grip as high as possible where the top web between the thumb and forefinger rests, then back through the trigger.

The P-95 is 7 1/4 " in double action/6 3/4 " in single mode; the GP 100 is 7 " and 6 1/4 " respectively; the GP-100 with compact grips is 6 3/4" and 6".

I am looking to get a Kimber Custom Classic or possibly a Glock. If you have one of the following, could you do the same measurement and post it:
Glock 17
Glock 19
Kimber Custom Classic (cocked)

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with some measurements" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with some measurements" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!