Do Not Try This At Home

PDA

Jmurman
November 21, 2005, 03:59 PM
Ouch!

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/11/from-email.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Do Not Try This At Home" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jsalcedo
November 21, 2005, 04:04 PM
Thats why I always check the chamber and check it again and I put my pinky
in it to make triple sure.

silverlance
November 21, 2005, 07:07 PM
very fI(*** scary.

i'm glad i got a sig. if i had known that glocks require the trigger to be pulled to disassemble, i wouldn't have fantasized about having one for 9 years (since I was 16).

would you believe that i didnt' find out about that until about half a year after i went sig p228?

anyhow, I don't blame the gun - dont' blame anyone, really.

but for clumsy folks like me I'd rather have every iota of idiot-proofing available to me.

when i pick up ANY gun, i always point in safe direction, eject magazine, clear chamber, clear chamber again, clear chamber again...

and i STILL don't pull the trigger - i use a decocker.

on rifles where i have to pull the trigger to decock I make DAMN SURE it's in a safe direction even after i've cleared the chamber so many times.

it's fricking scary, shooting one's self - i've hurt myself in other ways (knives, cars, machinery) so many times that god i know what it feels like 2 seconds after the fact... "oh f***... what the f** did i do to myself... god save my a**.... this f***ing sucks.... god this isn't happening... damn i'm dreaming... oh f*** it's not a dream... oh f**..."

yup, that's how it is.

from now on, i will include "please watch over me as i handle my firearms" in all my prayers. seriously.

pax
November 21, 2005, 10:23 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=166509&highlight=pax

Closed as a duplicate.

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "Do Not Try This At Home" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!