$20 Walmart gun case for long term AR15 storage?

PDA

idakfan
November 21, 2005, 04:01 PM
I'm thinking one of those $20 black walmart gun cases...

Will the foam affect the gun's finish in any way?

If you enjoyed reading about "$20 Walmart gun case for long term AR15 storage?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
monsternav
November 21, 2005, 04:47 PM
The foam won't do anything to the finish, the moisture the foam tends to retain however...

I use the $4.97 gunsocks they sell for storage. I guess if you put in one of those first, but I don't know.

mack7.62
November 22, 2005, 12:16 AM
Don't use a vinyl case, it can't breath and mositure will condense on the inside, for long term get a canvas or cloth case.

mindpilot
November 22, 2005, 01:49 AM
WallyWorld has the Double carry case for $20 which is excellect for transport at least.

idakfan
November 23, 2005, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Is there any way to put some type of 'dessicant' pack or something in the case so it won't ruin my rifles?

I got one of the cases for free (Walmart double gun plastic black case) so I'd hate to buy another right now since I'm so broke.

idakfan
November 23, 2005, 05:42 PM
Nevermind guys. I traded it in for a brand new fancy cloth case.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "$20 Walmart gun case for long term AR15 storage?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!