What modifications are legal on a yugo m59/66?

PDA

50caliber123
November 21, 2005, 04:51 PM
I own one of these fine rifles. I would like to customize it, but have no clue what I can legally do. I would like to put a new synthetic stock on it and give it detachable 5rd magazines for deer hunting. Anyone know what else I can do?

If you enjoyed reading about "What modifications are legal on a yugo m59/66?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
November 21, 2005, 04:52 PM
Depends what state you're in.

50caliber123
November 21, 2005, 04:57 PM
sorry. I live in Michigan. I know folding stocks are out of the question.

ArmedBear
November 21, 2005, 05:25 PM
In California, a detachable magazine is verboten. So is a 59/66 without modification (drilling the grenade launcher to make it a muzzle brake).

If your state has no magazine laws, then most likely, you can put a sporter stock on it, strip off the bayonet and grenade launcher, replace the magazine, and make a pretty good hunting rifle out of it. AFAIK it won't be a C&R after that, unless you put it back together.

I like going into a gun shop and asking if they have an Hmong Deer Rifles in stock. They laugh, but then make a show of feeling bad about laughing.:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "What modifications are legal on a yugo m59/66?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!