WI: CCW poll

PDA

Monkeyleg
November 22, 2005, 06:25 PM
The Stevens Point Journal has an online poll about concealed carry.

You know what to do. The site is here. (http://www.wisinfo.com/journal/)

If you enjoyed reading about "WI: CCW poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
November 22, 2005, 06:33 PM
Poll question is a bit bogus. But I did answer it, of course. :)

"Do you support the right of law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons?"

That's a very different question from "Do you support allowing law-abiding citizens, with the proper hands-on training, certification, and thorough background checks, to apply for and receive a license to carry a concealed weapon for specific legally-defined self-defense, renewable every two years?"

Spot77
November 22, 2005, 07:37 PM
Aw it wasn't near as bad as it could've been. I was thinking it was rather fair myself.

It wasn't the usual, "Do you think everybody should carry a hidden gun at all times, able to shoot and kill indiscriminately?"

Jet22
November 22, 2005, 07:53 PM
Wasen't nearly as bad as when Time Magazine asked "Are you in faver of gun control?" Only an idiot would answere no to that question. Nobody wants criminals to have access to guns...except criminals. We are all in faver of some gun control.

I voted in your pole but lets hope it dosen't work out like our local TV stations pole that asked if they should air Dan Rathers one hour goodby special. I could hardly wait for the results. When it came time for the results they issued an apologie and said they didn't do the pole to embarrass Dan Rather. They never did give the results of the pole.:evil:

mindpilot
November 22, 2005, 08:38 PM
looks like were losing 58% -42%

:banghead:

jsalcedo
November 22, 2005, 08:45 PM
Nobody wants criminals to have access to guns...except criminals. We are all in faver of some gun control.

Not so. I do not favor ANY gun control.

Laws do not stop criminals from getting guns.

Check this thread:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=13306

Jet22
November 22, 2005, 09:00 PM
So you believe the criminal should be able to drive around with a full auto AK and that should be legal?? Remember, NO gun control is NO gun laws.:evil:

dakotasin
November 22, 2005, 09:08 PM
53% say you should not ccw...

mnrivrat
November 22, 2005, 09:16 PM
So you believe the criminal should be able to drive around with a full auto AK and that should be legal?? Remember, NO gun control is NO gun laws.

To be honest with you - yes !

The problem is not in the having it , the problem is in using it in a criminal act. Deal with the crime - not the tool . Deal with the criminal - not an inanimate object .

If a known criminal is so dangerous that he/she shouldn't be allowed to possess a firearm then they should be in jail or 6 ft under - not driving around.

IMO

jsalcedo
November 22, 2005, 11:38 PM
So you believe the criminal should be able to drive around with a full auto AK and that should be legal??

If a criminal wants to drive around with an AK they will regardless of the law.

Gun control = laws

Criminal = ignores laws

Strings
November 22, 2005, 11:39 PM
Sorry, but I have to agree with mnrivrat. Joe Perp will be fairly quickly sorted out by Joe Citizen, should he decide to use a weapon illegally (or would be, if there weren't any gun control laws to impede us)...

poll results:
74.8 for
25.2 against
as of 2255hrs...

Rem700
November 22, 2005, 11:45 PM
You might want to check again 75.6 yes 24.4 no

Standing Wolf
November 22, 2005, 11:49 PM
The "poll" wouldn't let me vote in favor.

FedGunner
November 23, 2005, 12:22 AM
Point People's Poll
Do you support the right of law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons?

77.7%
Yes
22.3%
No

Total Votes: 534

edited to add:
For future reference: It is better if you leave a link cold. That way they cannot disqualify answers comming form a single address.

TrapdoorBilly
November 23, 2005, 05:50 AM
Point People's Poll

83.9%
Yes
16.1%
No

Total Votes: 753

mindpilot
November 23, 2005, 05:53 AM
Wow I just checked and we are WAY AHEAD!!!!!!!! unreal better then 24 hrs ago

StopTheGrays
November 23, 2005, 09:42 AM
Yes 86.0%

No 14.0%

Total Votes: 913

Jet22
November 23, 2005, 09:43 AM
If a criminal wants to drive around with an AK they will regardless of the law.

Gun control = laws

Criminal = ignores laws

I agree with you on every point.

My point is if Time Magazine can make it appear divide to gun owners by a simple question like

"Are you in faver of gun control?"

it does not give a good view of the voters real views.

Using such a simple question, it is easy to distort polls and interpret the results the way you want without qualifing the answeres. In the poll you pointed out on THR

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=13306

over one third of PRO pro gunners voted in favor of some form of gun control.

This was all reported in The National Rifleman when Time did the poll about 30 years ago.

Let me state for the record that I am not in faver of any gun control for law abiding citizens but believe in very harsh penaltys for criminals using violance as a tool against other people.

jsalcedo
November 23, 2005, 10:31 AM
Let me state for the record that I am not in faver of any gun control for law abiding citizens but believe in very harsh penaltys for criminals using violance as a tool against other people.

Yep we are on the same page :)

jobu07
November 23, 2005, 10:44 AM
I did my part to help the cause :)

halvey
November 23, 2005, 10:56 AM
I thought the question was worded fairly.

In pre-shall issue Minnesota it'd have been

"Do you support people carrying hidden guns in public."

jsalcedo
November 23, 2005, 11:05 AM
I've got one!

Do you support allowing right wing nuts to have secret hidden guns around your children?

Thats the California version :neener:

Chrontius
November 23, 2005, 11:43 AM
Point People's Poll

87.9%
Yes
12.1%
No

Total Votes: 1093

Not too bad.

Strings
November 23, 2005, 01:06 PM
and THAT poll won't see the light of day...

kfranz
November 23, 2005, 03:21 PM
I live in Plover, which shares a border with Stevens Point. The poll may or may not see the light of day in the printed paper, but if it does, it'll probably have a typo....:rolleyes:

garrett1955
November 23, 2005, 03:45 PM
I live in Plover, which shares a border with Stevens Point. The poll may or may not see the light of day in the printed paper, but if it does, it'll probably have a typo....:rolleyes:

yeah lol i live in weston. next to wausau. i guess i will have to find a point paper to see what they say... i bet they didnt think this many people would vote on their poll. lol

Strings
November 23, 2005, 03:53 PM
1450 wednesday

89.3% for
10.7% against

1359 total votes

Yeah... THIS is goin' the way they want it...

Jet22
November 23, 2005, 08:17 PM
When I voted yesterday it was something like 68% against and 32% for with 190 votes in. Bet all the libs that work at the paper voted right away.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "WI: CCW poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!