Ballistic Calculator

PDA

MDG1976
November 22, 2005, 10:11 PM
Ballistic Calculator (http://www.moveshoot.com/Media/Documents/ballisticscomputer.xls)
I can't verify it's accuracy, but it seems pretty cool to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ballistic Calculator" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Don't Tread On Me
November 23, 2005, 04:55 AM
WOW!! Great find. Thanks. :D

I just compared it's data vs. PointBlank's data, and it is identical except for time of bullet flight, which was 0.002 seconds faster on PointBlank for a .223 @ 300 yards. :rolleyes:

Everything else is equal. Pretty much every free ballistics program I've used on the net puts out the same data. This spreadsheet is so close to pointblank, there is no doubt they are using the exact same formula. 0.002 difference on 1 catagory is a the difference of precision used in one of the constants within an equation.

I've never bought a ballistics calculator (why buy that which is available for free?) do I don't know if they are any better. But we're talking physics here, and these equations aren't any sort of top-secret info that only Sierra or others have.

LaEscopeta
November 23, 2005, 09:00 PM
WOW!! Great find.+1. And thanks; this one is so simple even I can use it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ballistic Calculator" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!