Wolf 22 LR source

PDA

MNgoldenbear
November 23, 2005, 12:52 AM
Looking for cheapest sources of Wolf Match Target 22 LR. Seemed popular with some of the guys last winter, and I was thinking of trying it out. Suggestions? Physical location is western MN. Looking for nearby retail sources or internet/mail-order sources. Thanks.

Moderators - please move if not appropriately placed. Didn't think it belonged in Handloading, and didn't see anything else on ammunition.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf 22 LR source" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
heypete
November 23, 2005, 01:25 AM
MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/) has a bunch available at pretty reasonable prices. No direct links to the searches, but if you to to their website, then navigate as follows you should see the listings:

Homepage > Ammunition > Rimfire Ammunition > 22 Long Rifle >

Also, Outdoor Marskman has some (http://www.outdoormarksman.com/index.php?cPath=65_2_54&sort=2a&filter_id=161), but their stocks seem low.

MNgoldenbear
November 23, 2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks -- they were the cheapest of the internet/mail-order places I'd seen. Just wondering if anyone was lower. How are things in "the City" anyway? Heard the powers that be were doing more ill-informed anti-gun stuff again. (sigh) Good luck there!

heypete
November 23, 2005, 01:38 PM
I'm a big fan of Outdoor Marksman and Midway. Midway gives me good dealer discounts because my C&R is on file with them, while Outdoor Marksman generally has low prices and cheap shipping to California (they're only in Oregon).

AmmoMan doesn't seem to stock Wolf .22LR, but they're a good source for cheap ammo too. Be sure to compare their "out the door" price with the prices + shipping at other places, and shop around for a good bargain.

As for other stores, I don't know...I generally limit my shopping to those three plus local gun shows.

As for San Francisco, things here are going all right. I'm just in the suburbs (about 15 minutes outside the city), so I wouldn't be affected by their handgun ban. Bushmaster just released their 10-round-fixed-magazine Carbon-15 AR rifle here, which is pretty nifty. Expensive, somewhat clunky, but nifty that they're offering it. It's sunny and warm, and exceedingly pleasant right now, though it's supposed to get a bit cloudy for Thanksgiving. Oh well. Can't have everything.

MNgoldenbear
November 23, 2005, 02:11 PM
Pete - I was born and raised in the East Bay -- Union City, Newark, Fremont. Spent my last few years there in Sac, but didn't finally move out here 'til I was 40. Used to shoot mostly over at Chabot in Castro Valley -- IPSC, PPC, 3-Gun, Highpower. Actually was a range safety officer there for a couple of years. Also into archery at Redwood Bowmen in Oakland up in Redwood Reg. Park. (Heard they built the new observatory and closed down 2/3 of the range. :fire: Was one of the nicest archery ranges in California 'til then.)

Can't complain too much about things out here right now. What little snow fell has pretty much melted (more on the way later). Lows only down into the teens so far, and highs often still above freezing -- almost tropical. As far as guns, there are good and bad points. Most people have 'em and don't look at you funny because you have them; you can get a CCW pretty easily, though it's not needed nearly as often. However, other than hunting and trapshooting, not much target shooting going on here. Also, outdoor shooting is really only pleasant in parts of the spring and fall (between snow and bugs!). Take care, and thanks for the info.

Roy Mayeda

heypete
November 23, 2005, 02:21 PM
Hmm. I grew up in San Mateo/Burlingame here on the Peninsula. I shoot mostly at Coyote Point, and am an RSO there. Chabot's really nice, but it's too far (45min) away for me to regularly go over there. That, combined with the high price of diesel and bridge tolls, and it's not worth it.

Sure, Coyote Point isn't as good as Chabot, but it's 5 minutes away, has some friendly people who work there, and it gives me a chance to volunteer (and shoot for free). And they're belt-fed friendly.

Maddock
November 23, 2005, 09:09 PM
J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ has Wolf Match Target .22LR
http://catalog.jgsales.com/itemdetail.php?itemnumber=5-123

If you enjoyed reading about "Wolf 22 LR source" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!